cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No power to onboard genset

Explorer1016
Explorer
Explorer
Last winter I had a new Xantrex 3000w Pure Sine Wave inverter/charger installed in my RV. Get the rig home from the RV shop and test all systems. Everything worked. We take a 2500 mile trip to Utah and back, same thing, all systems good. RV sits in my driveway all summer except a short trip for a weekend with the guys. This time I didn't test the genset but we were heading out last weekend in the high heat and I wanted to run the generator so I could run the house A/C. No genset.

I do not have power to the start switch or the digital hour meter.
I pulled the remote start switch panel out of the wall to check the wiring and all is good, I opened the gen compartment and checked the fuse, good, hit the 30 amp breaker, no difference and I also hit the ECM reset switch. Still no power to the genset. It is a kubota diesel powered Powertech unit.

The heat is supposed to subside this weekend so I plan to crawl under the RV and start tracing my power wires to where ever they take me. I don't know if the gen 12v power comes from the house batteries (4-6 volt batteries) or from my chassis batteries (2- 12 volt batteries).

Any ideas?

Thank you
Dennis
2008 Host 300 Super 'C'
2008 Ford F-550 Chassis
Diesel
4x4
Lariat crew cab
20' enclosed car hauler/garage
'87 Jeep rock crawler
Turbo'd
2 REPLIES 2

TRIPLE8
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, about 2 weeks ago I went to start mine too and had no power. All lights worked off of 12 volts. I checked the battery and the terminals had a lot of corrosion built up. Cleaned them and all works good now. Might not be your problem but worth checking.
06 chevy silverado 2500 d-max
2013 Ford F350 DRW
2021 Host Mammoth
2007 KTM 525 EXC
2019 RZR Turbo S
2020 Yamaha MT-07
87 Suzuki Samurai (highly modified)

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Try battery boost switch.
Try starting big engine then gen set while big engine is running.

I will keep thinking.
Oh, battery disconnect switch.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios