cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold fridge fans

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
About a year ago I installed two small car radiator fans wired in series at the top of my slide mount Norcold fridge vent. I powered them off the existing "muffin fan circuit (left the small fans in place, unpowered). Was having an issue of warm fridge/freezer while driving. I think the air circulation was being blocked by the vehicle motion. The more powerful fans did the trick and now temps are fine while driving. The fans ended up blowing top to bottom as reversing them would include R&Ring the fan blades (reversing them) as well as reversing electrical polarity. The "backward" flow had has no impact on cooling and have had no problem with the gas flame being affected..
2 REPLIES 2

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
??? what model ??? I have a Norcold 2018 and the middle door seals the secret, make sure it closes. 36 in the box 8 in the freezer.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The most common cause of Heat up in Transit is the evap tray hose check valve not in place at the bottom of the hose. While you have a fix, it was not needed. I have NEVER in the 25 years of the Norcold 1200 series ever had a problem with in Transit heat up that could not be a simple fix. If I did have that problem it was traceable to either that drain hose or the Interior door seals. There is a natural vacuum caused to the refer while in transit. GOOD door seals and the Drain hose not open to the exterior fixes the problem. Doug