cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

norcold N400 refrigerator

strokershovel
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everybody, I'm new here and I have searched everywhere I can think of to fix my problem. I have a 2002 Lance lite 825 truck camper with a Norcold N400 refrigerator that won't stay lit after you release the button. I have a new thermocouple for it but I also am aware that it could also be the thermocouple interrupter. The problem is that the interrupter is discontinued and I can find it nowhere. I can just bypass it but I like the safety feature of it. I'm sure I'm not the first person to run into this problem and the fridge works great on 120v power but there are times I need to run it on propane.
Thanks, Keith
12 REPLIES 12

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
strokershovel wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
There are 2 parts. The Thermocoupler and the Safety valve. I have never heard of a Thermocoupler interrupter. What are you thinking is a thermocoupler Interrupter. Doug

Page 18

***Link Removed***

***Link Removed***

Richard

That is usually part of the replacement safety valve. Also, that is what turns the indicator light on. It should NOT cause a problem with keeping the LP flame on. Hence, I have never had to replace that particular part. Doug

The interrupter is what the thermocouple screws into and shuts the gas off if the thermocouple does not send the signal that the flame is going

No, the safety valve does that. The Interrupter just sends the signal to the inside light display. There are RV refers that have NO inside indicator light and just have the safety valve that opens and shuts off the LP(Thermocoupler connected). The safety valve is the same for refers. This type model has the interrupter to send the signal to the light. It may SEND the Thermocoupler signal THRU itself to the safety valve, but it is the safety valve that opens and closes from the Thermocoupler millivolt signal. Doug

strokershovel
Explorer
Explorer
I will instal the new thermocouple and post the results.
Keith

strokershovel
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
RLS7201 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
There are 2 parts. The Thermocoupler and the Safety valve. I have never heard of a Thermocoupler interrupter. What are you thinking is a thermocoupler Interrupter. Doug

Page 18

***Link Removed***

***Link Removed***

Richard

That is usually part of the replacement safety valve. Also, that is what turns the indicator light on. It should NOT cause a problem with keeping the LP flame on. Hence, I have never had to replace that particular part. Doug

The interrupter is what the thermocouple screws into and shuts the gas off if the thermocouple does not send the signal that the flame is going

strokershovel
Explorer
Explorer
Krusty wrote:
You have a new thermocouple but haven't installed it yet? Seems like a good place to start to me.

Yes, but for the price of a interrupter I wanted to change both while I had the refrigerator out

strokershovel
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
Ya didn't look very hard. ***Link Removed***
I suspect $24 is cheaper than a new frig...........

Richard

Look at the number available

strokershovel
Explorer
Explorer
Old Days wrote:
Being 20 years old I would start looking at a new frig, you could spend a lot of money fixing this one and it could die in 6 months.

That refrigerator is no longer available, the closest one is $1400. It works just fine on 120v.
Keith

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
RLS7201 wrote:
dougrainer wrote:

Page 18

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/327953/Norcold-N400.html?page=18#manual

Thermocouple Interrupter

Richard

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:

Page 18

Thermocouple Interrupter

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

Page 18

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad
You have a new thermocouple but haven't installed it yet? Seems like a good place to start to me.
Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Ya didn't look very hard. Interrupter
I suspect $24 is cheaper than a new frig...........

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Being 20 years old I would start looking at a new frig, you could spend a lot of money fixing this one and it could die in 6 months.