cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold Refrigerator too cold

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
While getting our now three year old camper ready this season, I turned on the refrigerator (using electricity) for 48 hours to make sure everything was working right. This year, I noticed some frost building up on the fins. So I put a thermometer in it and a bowl of water and waited 24 hours. The temp was 20 degrees and the water was frozen. So I did some research and most of what I read from others with the same problem, indicated that it might be the thermister/thermostat that had gone bad and they solved their problem by buying a "Snip the Tip" adjustable thermister. I did that, installed it following the instructions and now my refrigerator's temp is 25 degrees at the cool setting and 22 degrees at the coldest setting. That's not much difference between the coolest and the coldest settings. Either setting is still freezing our food. Does anyone know What else can I check or replace to try and fix my problem? Thank you in advance for your replies.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.
15 REPLIES 15

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes you can replace the thermistor but first... trace yours to the control board. Unplug and replug. If thermistor is failed open or loose or corroded the board will call for full time cooling.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB