cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Onan Marquis 7000 Fuel Pump

PhrogPhlyer
Explorer
Explorer
My fuel pump on the Marquis 7000 has gone bad. Unfortunately, the diagram I have of the generator doesn't show the location of the pump, and you can't see it from the front of the generator. It appears to be at the right rear of the generator (that seems to be where the fuel hose from the carb goes). Anyone know the easiest way to get at the pump to replace it. Can I get to it from underneath the RV, or do I have to remove the generator from the RV?
13 REPLIES 13

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to see you got it working! And saved some bucks too... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

PhrogPhlyer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your posts regarding my fuel pump problem. Bought the Carter Replacement pump and a new solenoid (just in case). Finally got it installed today, and so far it's been purring away for about 45 minutes now without a problem.

PhrogPhlyer
Explorer
Explorer
Since there's no mention of a fuel shutoff solenoid in any of the info I have on the generator, I just assumed it was a fuel filter.....looks exactly like the one attached to the carb.

Should it be replaced along with the pump?? What's it for?

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:

Could it be that you are seeing a fuel shut off solenoid and not a fuel filter, after the pump? That's what I have on my Marquis 7000.

Richard

X2... I suspect that is what he's seeing.
Dutch

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
PhrogPhlyer wrote:
Thanks for the info. Managed to squeeze over the top of the generator and found the pump at the right rear. Extremely difficult to get to unless you tip the generator forward at about a 30-45 degree angle (my genset sits on the coach frame, so it has to be lifted out, not dropped).

I was suprised to see that there was a fuel filter attached to the outlet port of the pump. I had thought the only filter was at the end of the gas hose attached to the carb. There was no mention of two fuel filters for this generator. Anyone else see this on their Marquis 7000??

Could it be that you are seeing a fuel shut off solenoid and not a fuel filter, after the pump? That's what I have on my Marquis 7000.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

PhrogPhlyer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. Managed to squeeze over the top of the generator and found the pump at the right rear. Extremely difficult to get to unless you tip the generator forward at about a 30-45 degree angle (my genset sits on the coach frame, so it has to be lifted out, not dropped).

I was suprised to see that there was a fuel filter attached to the outlet port of the pump. I had thought the only filter was at the end of the gas hose attached to the carb. There was no mention of two fuel filters for this generator. Anyone else see this on their Marquis 7000??

jpmihalk
Explorer
Explorer
We also had the same model on our previous coach. Yes, the pump is located on the top right rear of the generator and it proved to be inaccessible unless the generator was dropped to make room to reach the area. Since we didn't have the tools for the job, we got a mobile RV tech to do the work for us.
John & Kerri
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with our pups MacDuff, Piper and Annabelle

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found this manual for NH but I think it's from before they were housed in a sound box. But take a look...
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
PhrogPhlyer wrote:
Onan Marquis 7000 Model No: 7NHMFA26106F

That's the same Spec 'F' 7KW that was in our previous coach. Here's the link to the Carter pump that Onan sells for much more. The only difference is the color of the paint and the extra hardware that comes with it that's not needed.

"Carter P4070 In-Line Electric Fuel Pump"
Dutch

PhrogPhlyer
Explorer
Explorer
Onan Marquis 7000 Model No: 7NHMFA26106F

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you'll post the specific Model and Spec, we may be able to find you a service manual.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

PhrogPhlyer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check and see if I can do that with my '96 Holiday Rambler.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
On our previous coach with a Marquis 7000, I replaced the fuel pump by supporting the outer edge with a floor jack and removing all of the mounting bolts except one at the rear on each side that was only loosened. Lowering the jack allowed the genny to tilt down far enough to remove the top cover and access the fuel pump. It may be necessary to disconnect some of the wiring if there is not enough slack. If I recall correctly, the fuel line connections had to be reached through the bottom. I bought a Carter exact replacement pump on Amazon for about $60, much less than the Onan price as I recall, but that could vary depending on just which spec letter yours has on the model/serial plate.
Dutch