Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oven Going Out / Thermocouple

arcsum68
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all.

Did some searching and found tons of posts where people have the same issue that I seem to be having where the oven will light perfectly fine and then go out. The general consensus seems to be that either the pilot light is not big enough, or the thermocouple is not in line with the flame and gets blown out when the main burner comes back on to bring the oven back up to set temp after the initial heating process. I looked and do not see any adjustments for the pilot light, and the flame and the thermocouple do appear to be in line with each other, though its difficult to tell and I am not sure just how perfect it needs to be.

I will take any advice, but I was wondering if the thermocouple itself could still be the problem. Do these things work intermittently? My trailer is a 2014, however it was only used a handful of times before I bought it and the oven looked like it had never been used. The fridge and thermostat still had the factory plastic protectors on them!
2005 Ford F150 5.4 Super Crew
2014 Fun Finder 233RBS
17 REPLIES 17

Darryl_Rita
Explorer
Explorer
Thermocouples either work, or they don't. The nut holding it to the gas valve may be loose, causing intermittent loss of connection. Use a wrench to just snug it up.
***UPDATE 2006 3500 SRW MegaCab pulling a 2007 fleetwood 5'er

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Thermocouples can go bad. You can buy them at HD or Lowes. Take the old one so you get one of comparable size and length. They are cheap and only take a few minutes to replace. Nothing fancy about them, they convert heat to milliamps to keep the valve open.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice that you have a pristine 2014 !

Brand/Model of stove/oven would be more helpful to resolve your issue

Could be low LP Pressure (oven have their OWN LP Reg set to 10"WC under stove top cover)
Could be pilot light issue
Could be thermocouple and or connection
Could be....

Brand/Model ???
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31