Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pause For A Moment Of Absurdity...

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

It's not a tech problem. It's a timeout to fall over laughing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9D-Quad-Row-CREE-2016W-50Inch-Combo-Curved-LED-Work-Light-Bar-Truck-Offroad-...

Specifications:
LED Power: 2016W (288pcs 7W Cree LED beads)
Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC (Fit for 12v or 24v vehicles)
Waterproof rate: IP68 Waterproof Rate
Housing Color: Black
Color Temperature: 6500K White light source, easy to accept by the human eye and will not feel tired
Lumens: 312480lm
Material: Diecast aluminum housing
Mounting Bracket: Premium Stainless Steel brackets,durable
Beam Partten: 30 degrees Spot + 150 degrees Flood Combo Beam
(Powered by together 288 pcs super efficient 7W Cree LEDS. Flood & Spot Combo Beam. 232 pcs Super Intensity SPOT (30ยฐ) LEDS, Much More Brighter, Make The Night Into Day,56 pcs Multi-Angle Reflection FLOOD (150ยฐ) LEDS, Wider vision)
50000 hours above life time
Dimensions: 50inch?50''?
34 REPLIES 34

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
As an ex-'T' Hunter that used to spend all my weekend nights chasing hidden transmitters in the hills of LA and Ventura Counties,....

What's a "T" Hunter?
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
wow, an equal opportunity hater, gun rack, hookah, prevert chargers! :;

An equal opportunity laugh a minute. Billy Joe Ray Bob spent fifty bucks for the gun rack because "it looks cool"

Chinese marketers are disconnected from reality. Decisions are derived from committee conclusions. People who haven't a clue as to what they are investigating as to viable market oriented products.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Seriously... how do you wire for 140amps?
4/0 baby.....
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
As an ex-'T' Hunter that used to spend all my weekend nights chasing hidden transmitters in the hills of LA and Ventura Counties, I'm well versed in what overkill is. The problem with this is that it literally eliminates the air in front of the vehicle and causes you not to see the target. You gotta get that light out of your visual path. I had a Beachcraft landing light built as a handheld spotlight and the only way this worked was for the passenger to hold it at arms length out the window, about 6' horizontally from my view to target. This thing, although fun really is too bright.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
2016 watts looks like incandescent equivalent consistent with ebay non-sense.
Click the picture that shows the wire harness with a 40 amp relay.

AJBert
Explorer
Explorer
Off road lights are...well...FOR OFFROAD ONLY!

Plus, they are great when skinning an elk hanging in a tree after the sun has gone down.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
That does seem like an awful lot of watts for Leds. I have a stage bar lamp that's only 18w @ 120v, and it's blinding.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

red31
Explorer
Explorer
wow, an equal opportunity hater, gun rack, hookah, prevert chargers! ๐Ÿ˜‰

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Easily. Take a toke on the hookah and go for it.

It can be taken seriously anything I label as being absurd.

Where are the classy well engineered lamps for RVs and off grid. Oh that's right China originators of eating opium.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seriously... how do you wire for 140amps?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Turn that thing on in Mexico, and I might spot it from my rooftop! ๐Ÿ˜„

Talk about needing a HD alternator, sheesh.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Gee I only have a dozen of those LED's on my RV (Aimed low as fog lights) They do light up the night all right.. That (A dozen of 'em) is equal to 12 100 watt light bulbs.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The word ABSURD in the post title has a definition. It is/was meant to show how off the wall the Chinese will go to (satisfy?) a (market?)

2,016 watts

Deeeeeeevided by fourteen volts input

equals
One hunnert and fohty foh amperes.

Billy Joe Ray Bob, is working his little butt off in The Lube Bay as I write this, slathering at the lips to get one atop his 4' lift Ford pickup. The one with the gun rack and confederate flag airbrushed side panels.

Because I no longer live at the end of a 75 mile long deserted highway that sports asphalt tinted cattle, my 300 watt light bar is unplugged. But the 12 miles from Acalpican to Las Penas will have me plugging it back in.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I'd love to have one for when the neighbor flips on his scare lights. I think he/she would get a hint.
bumpy

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
These light bars do have a place... Back when I was in the heavy truck towing/repair business, our tow trucks and service trucks had similar light bars mounted on the front, rear, and both sides. Not normally used while traveling though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate