Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pause For A Moment Of Absurdity...

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

It's not a tech problem. It's a timeout to fall over laughing...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/9D-Quad-Row-CREE-2016W-50Inch-Combo-Curved-LED-Work-Light-Bar-Truck-Offroad-...

Specifications:
LED Power: 2016W (288pcs 7W Cree LED beads)
Operating Voltage: 10-30V DC (Fit for 12v or 24v vehicles)
Waterproof rate: IP68 Waterproof Rate
Housing Color: Black
Color Temperature: 6500K White light source, easy to accept by the human eye and will not feel tired
Lumens: 312480lm
Material: Diecast aluminum housing
Mounting Bracket: Premium Stainless Steel brackets,durable
Beam Partten: 30 degrees Spot + 150 degrees Flood Combo Beam
(Powered by together 288 pcs super efficient 7W Cree LEDS. Flood & Spot Combo Beam. 232 pcs Super Intensity SPOT (30ยฐ) LEDS, Much More Brighter, Make The Night Into Day,56 pcs Multi-Angle Reflection FLOOD (150ยฐ) LEDS, Wider vision)
50000 hours above life time
Dimensions: 50inch?50''?
34 REPLIES 34

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Seriously. What are your suggestions? People who ignore polite suggestions tend to be selfish offenders. Polite suggestions are for the clueless. Flashing red and blue lights are for the arrogant.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
"With a light bar sale a two cent piece of paper can be included. "Bright lights can blind oncoming drivers. Please do not use lamp on curvy roads or within 1000 meters of other automobiles". Now how hard is that? It would be intelligent therefore never to be printed."

Seriously? A piece of paper that says, in essence, "Be Nice, Be thoughtful". Yeah, right.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It is based on intelligence. Don't slam a store door in the face of a disabled person wielding a walker, don't drink and drive. If oncoming cars blink you down there is a reason, fix it.

This gets rich...approaching a disabled parking place in a warehouse sales lot, an oncoming RV screeched it's tires while accelerating. it cut me off and I had the blinker going. A Black Ford F350 one ton four door. The driver slid down from the 4' driver door and SPRINTED into the warehouse. I had to abandon my task.

Cops base their perception from the bottom up. So do legislators. Therefore bottom feeders create problems and the judicial system then imposes draconian law on everyone.

Try this on for size. Dedicated safety laws. i.e. Blindly brilliant light brings forth a traffic ticket. Insurance rate doubles for a year. Driver required to renew driver license annually for a few years. That plus a $500 dollar fine may encourage people to stop "holding it in"...this is a matter of lack of intelligence or selfish arrogance.

With a light bar sale a two cent piece of paper can be included. "Bright lights can blind oncoming drivers. Please do not use lamp on curvy roads or within 1000 meters of other automobiles". Now how hard is that? It would be intelligent therefore never to be printed.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
coolmom42 wrote:
There is some moron who lives not far from me who has one of those light bars. He was running with it on going down a county road, and got a ticket for all kinds of violations. I was told that he was later charged with reckless endangerment after he continued to do it. Blinding other drivers is not a good idea.

Just last night saw a Oregon State Trooper, pull over a lifted F350 for extreamly bright lights. Lighting laws seem to have gone the way of the wind. Just recently the Insurance Institute did a study of SUV lighting, most were rated poor to marginal for the driver, but would blind oncoming drivers.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch 'splained it perfect

As far as getting into the harbor, just drop anchor, point the light down and net Squid
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

OldSmokey
Explorer
Explorer
AJBert wrote:
Off road lights are...well...FOR OFFROAD ONLY!

Plus, they are great when skinning an elk hanging in a tree after the sun has gone down.

and when you have skinned it, rotate slowly until cooked. !

daymmmn... that much wattage will burn the hair off your neck..

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
The light bar would be great for a cabin cruiser or salmon boat trying to work it's way past a jetty into a harbor. Gimbal mounted with counter-weight.

On a more serious vein, the small square CREE six emitter (3 watts each) CREE lamps, rated 18-watts but actually consuming 13 are damned near as bright as a single 6013 halogen headlight. I am using specialty light diffuser panels to spread this light in floodlight fashion over a wider area. Absolutely incredible amount of light for ONE SINGLE AMPERE 12 volts. I love to see rig porch lights that give 5% of their emitted light downward where it does something. One single 18-watt CREE light with diffuser would equal about 20 standard porch lights.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:
2016 watts looks like incandescent equivalent consistent with ebay non-sense.

Maybe, but it does say 288 pcs @ 7w which is 2016w.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
lots of those antennas in so VA/no NC hanging off pickups. not playing a game however. I believe that they might be used to find their dog after a chase down.
bumpy

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
gkainz wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:
As an ex-'T' Hunter that used to spend all my weekend nights chasing hidden transmitters in the hills of LA and Ventura Counties,....

What's a "T" Hunter?

"Transmitter hunting (also known as T-hunting, fox hunting, bunny hunting, and bunny chasing), is an activity wherein participants use radio direction finding techniques to locate one or more radio transmitters hidden within a designated search area. This activity is most popular among amateur radio enthusiasts, and one organized sport variation is known as amateur radio direction finding."

"Transmitter hunting"
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
gkainz wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:
As an ex-'T' Hunter that used to spend all my weekend nights chasing hidden transmitters in the hills of LA and Ventura Counties,....

What's a "T" Hunter?

turkey/turtle/toad????????????
bumpy

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
gkainz wrote:
SCVJeff wrote:

What's a "T" Hunter?
Judging by the context, I'd say transmitter hunter.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

red31
Explorer
Explorer
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Billy Joe Ray Bob spent fifty bucks for the gun rack because "it looks cool"

darn straight, it does look cool!