Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

recommendations on tire pressure monitors

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I was planning on a long trip next week. The tires needed to be rotated. During that process one of my three year old Toyo tires (inside driver's rear) was found to have a tread separation and zero tire pressure.

I do check my tires but clearly this could have been an expensive lesson.

Please tell me which tire pressure monitoring system you would get and why.

I will want 7 sensors for tires and 2 for air bags.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
29 REPLIES 29

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
lc0338 wrote:
Here is the website information

I bought this one back in July. So far no problems.

Product ID: TT500-10
Product Name: TT-500 / 10-WHEEL TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $499.00

That's the same one I linked earlier. I don't think you can go wrong with that one with the Lifetime Warranty.
2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

cmeade
Explorer
Explorer
We have the TST 507 non flow thru due to problems I heard that the flow thru have. It only takes a few seconds to remove the sensor with the tool to add air. The TPMS has been great for about 5k mi towing. Would recommend getting sensors for spare tires on TV and towed unit and think sensors for airbags is overkill. TST 507 can handle 22 tires if needed.

Ohio_Engineer
Explorer
Explorer
I ran Tire Traker TT400 for a few years. It worked fine for me till I screwed up and used the wrong monitor charger cable. Bought replacement TT500 monitor only (Traker did not require that I buy a whole system) The new TT500 is nice. Has a couple features I like. Best IMO is the "Morning Reset"

When I get up I turn on the system and hit the reset buttons. Then go get my coffee. When I return 15 min later I can check all the cold tire pressures while still in my jammies and don't have to get out in the cold or rain. Also don't have to drive down the road to "wake up" the sensors only to discover 5 miles down the road I have a low tire.

SCClockDr
Explorer
Explorer
pawpaw47 wrote:
I purchased the TST507RV with flow through sensors and I've have been very pleased with it. I've had it for about a year now.

X2
George & Cathy
08 Titanium 28E33SA, XM, Honda EU 3000is, Trimetric, RotoChocks, LP Reg. Mod, 2 Gal Accum., WiFiRanger GO2/Mobile
04 Ram 3500 5.9 DRW, PAC PRXB E/B, 4" MBRP SS Exhaust, Gauges, Aux Tank/box, BrakeSmart.
ETCS (ss) USN Ret

lc0338
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the website information

I bought this one back in July. So far no problems.

Product ID: TT500-10
Product Name: TT-500 / 10-WHEEL TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM
Quantity: 1
Unit Price: $499.00

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the TST507RV with flow through sensors and I've have been very pleased with it. I've had it for about a year now.
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

LarryJM
Explorer II
Explorer II
kiwiRVer wrote:
The InnoTechRV TPMS is the same product as the Tire Minder but at a much better price: www.innotechrv.com

As mentioned that InnoTechRV TPMS is the outdated and discontinued old TireMinder system which has been replaced with a newer TireMinder version system. Thus the two current systems ARE NOT THE SAME.

Larry
2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
Their reply:
If a sensor or the monitor malfunctions, we would have you send it to our repair facility in California. We cover the return shipping and typically the turnaround time including shipping is about a week to ten days. Both the TT-500 and TT-400 do use the same sensors. But, they have been improved. The issues you describe sound like there could have been something wrong with your monitor. While a sensor or two may fail, itโ€™s rare that say four or six would on the same configuration. Also, if you were getting no signal errors (Nos) and didnโ€™t have one, a signal booster may have been needed.

I do apologize that you didnโ€™t have a good experience with your TT-400. We of course want to hear about any trouble a customer is experiencing and do offer seven-day a week email and phone support.

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
I just sent an email to the company about their new TT-500 system.

How does the warranty work? I want to know what your policy is if a sensor or the Monitor stops functioning correctly.
Do I have to ship it to back to you? What is the turnaround for a replacement sensor or monitor? Do you pay for return shipping?
I also looked on the accessories page and only see 1 type of sensor. Does the TT-500 use the same sensor as the 400? If so, I hope that the dependability has been improved, because the original sensors were anything but dependable. I would not even consider purchasing another one of your products, except for the fact that you are now offering a Lifetime Warranty.
Needless to say, I was very disappointed in my original TT-400 system I purchased and stopped using after about 18 months due to bad sensors, and loss of signal warning, and sensors failing to come out of sleep mode etcโ€ฆ The system functioned fine for the first year or so, but after that it was a disaster. I believe that best warranty is one that never needs to be used. That means that the product is of a high quality, because I do not want to have to deal with another problematic system like the TT-400 I put in a box somewhere and wrote off as a bad investment!

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
kiwiRVer wrote:
The InnoTechRV TPMS is the same product as the Tire Minder but at a much better price: www.innotechrv.com

Actually the Innotech

is the same as the old style
TireTracker TT-400

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
TT-500 / 10-WHEEL TIRE MONITORING SYSTEM

The only TPMS that has a lifetime warranty!

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased the TST 507 Flow through system 2-1/2 years ago, and I recommend against them. I've had to have all the sensors replaced once due to leaking bodies, then two of the replacement sensors did not work. You could not add or remove air from them.

Jim
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the TST flow-through system at the beginning of the season for the new 5'er, and I'm very pleased with it. I've got a 10-sensor system.
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB

kiwiRVer
Explorer
Explorer

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TireMinder for my 5th wheel trailer. It saved me big money two years ago when I had two tires on one side separate and rub together. The monitor alerted the high temp and I was able to pull off the freeway into a campground. The company is awesome. Batteries are free with every purchase.