cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sagging ceiling in holiday rambler next level

mdryden
Explorer
Explorer
Hello! I have a 2007 holiday rambler 5th wheel toy hauler. The ceiling above the couch seems uneven. I can access through the speaker hole. It appears that some type of adhesive was used during assembly of the ceiling panels to the aluminum structure but I have no clue as to what it is. Can someone shed some light on what HR used or what everyone uses now to attach ceiling panels to the substructure?

Matt
9 REPLIES 9

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Keep us posted on your progress.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

mdryden
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice everyone. I think I will consult with Monaco and see if they still offer the panels. If they do Iโ€™m gonna go that route. Thanks again

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
You can always call around to auto upholstery shops who replace headliners and get there thoughts on how much and how to fix. I once had a old audi with sagging gray headliner - I just used long thumb tacks which I spray painted gray - worked fine until I sold the car.
Kevin

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Lynnmor wrote:
I used these to support a sagging ceiling: rosettes

On a 13 year old RV , this is the best solution. As to having the Vinyl. That is a vinyl with a foam back. You can purchase rolls of the vinyl/foam back, remove the existing(LOTS of scraping) and then secure the luan backer to the studs with screws and cut and glue the new vinyl/foam to the existing Luan wood backer. They also used to sell the complete 4 by 8 wood/vinyl/foam ceiling panels. I don't know if Monaco still has these. Doug

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I used these to support a sagging ceiling: rosettes

mdryden
Explorer
Explorer
Its a vinyl ceiling panels with a vapor barrier on the inside

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
They use liquid nail type adhesive. BUT, that is what secures the wood back panel to the studs. Your year model, do you have fabric type covering? If so, you pull the fabric off and buy new fabric and use spray glue in a can to reinstall. After you remove the fabric you can use counter sunk screws to secure the existing wood backer to the studs. This is labor intensive. Newmar and Monaco years ago paid 4.0 hours PER 4 by 8 ceiling panel to just replace the fabric cover, NOT the complete panel with wood. You have to cut around overhead cabinets and such. Doug

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
theres spray glue in a can ,worked good years back ,has a extended tube to reach back in.might check a carpet store.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
have no idea what they used but wouldn't something like liquid nails work. you want to be sure whatever you use won't bleed thru the material and show stains
bumpy