Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Schwintek slide top/bottom alignment

VE9PTR
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I recently purchased a used Shadow Cruiser TT and after a few trips I am having an issue with the slide.
When putting it out, the top goes all the way out but the bottom does not. Its about 1-1/2" from fully out. I've tried the realignment procedures but they seem to be for a side to side issue, not top to bottom and it comes all the way in flush on the outside. I don't see any gear wear on the tracks (thinking it may have jumped) or other obstructions. Also now water comes in on one side in heavy rain.

Any suggestions?

This is my 1st trailer with a slide and I'm not off to a goood start! ๐Ÿ™‚
2004 F150 XTR 4x4
2004 Starcraft 2411
6 REPLIES 6

VE9PTR
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I'll take some measurements this weekend and look things over in more detail. Its a 2013 s280qbs. I guess the saving grace is that it's mostly setup in one spot for the summer, but I still need to get the issue resolved and keep the water out.
2004 F150 XTR 4x4
2004 Starcraft 2411

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
VE9PTR wrote:
Thanks for the quick replies. I assume the top and bottom spur gears are tied together with the shaft even with the motors removed? Unfortunately I've looked for access to the motors and it must be behind the weather stripping on the outside so lots of screws to remove. It's a big slide so not going to be fun.

Pete

Yes, top and bottom gears are tied together and even. Doug

VE9PTR
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the quick replies. I assume the top and bottom spur gears are tied together with the shaft even with the motors removed? Unfortunately I've looked for access to the motors and it must be behind the weather stripping on the outside so lots of screws to remove. It's a big slide so not going to be fun.

Pete
2004 F150 XTR 4x4
2004 Starcraft 2411

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
IF the room retracts fully flush but when extended the bottom "appears" to be 1 1/2 inches from fully extending, that points to a major problem and is NOT a Schwintek fix. When extended, if you measure from the top track to the sidewall and the bottom track to the sidewall are the measurements the same? There is no procedure to align what you are experiencing. The top gear and the bottom gear are exactly in line vertically. If not, then you have to remove both gear racks as a unit and put on a work bench and manually align them. Resetting procedure is for when the room is not EVEN going out front to back. Taking the motors loose will not fix your problem. You do not state what year Cruiser, but we sold them from when they went into business until we dropped them over 2 years ago, specifically for Slide out issues. The joke at our shop was, If you buy a Shadow Cruiser, it WILL come back for a slide issue. The problem was, they had inadequate chassis frames for the weight(Shadow engineers designed them) and they did not have strong enough sidewalls, so when the hole for the slide room is cut out, they had inadequate framing to support the room. Doug

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
What you are describing is an issue typically seen with the "Schwintek" type of slide.
If your trailer slide is a Schwintek then check this post: https://www.eaglecapowners.com/owners/showthread.php?tid=335
The "one corner" doesn't pull tight issue is common to Schwintek and the fix can be accomplished by the previous poster's suggestion or through other methods - none of which are easy.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Your right, there isn't much on aligning it top to bottom out there.
If it were me, I would loosen and drop the motors on each side. Then push or lift the slide into proper position and reinstall the motors.

Don't forget to always hold the button for 3 to 5 seconds after the slide stalls when either extending or retracting it so it stays in time.