Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Setting Ride height 39' Freightliner Chassis

topwater1956
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know what the ride height is for a 1996 Allegro Bus 39'
The tag inside shows 1996 39' Oshkosh chassis ser.# 39-ABUS-J-K-7702
I understand Freightliner bought out Oshkosh in 1996 and it has Freightliner on the steering wheel
The vin# 4uzn6el14t2902564.
This thing rides horrible
Right now measuring center of lower shock bolt to frame is 8" with No air in the bags. Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Contact a company that works on RV chassis.

Perhaps Henderson in Grants Pass, OR.

This is what they do for a living.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

topwater1956
Explorer
Explorer
We Cant Wait wrote:
Might need to contact Freighliner for the correct height, and where to measure it from and too. Also most ride heights are measure with the suspension fully aired up. Also you might want to weigh the unit, and then check the tire makers specs for air inflations.

Thanks, but Freightliner said they couldn't find it in their system. I know you measure from the bottom of the frame rail to the center of the bottom shock bolt with the bag aired up atleast 60 lbs and I think its 10", but that's only 2" from where I'm at now with the air bags empty and setting on the stops. I think it will bottom out with just 2" of travel.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Might need to contact Freighliner for the correct height, and where to measure it from and too. Also most ride heights are measure with the suspension fully aired up. Also you might want to weigh the unit, and then check the tire makers specs for air inflations.