cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shurflo water pump leaking

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
My Shurflo classic has sprung a leak, I may of cleared out the antifreeze to quick. It's coming from between the very front piece which is the on/off switch. Inside is the pieces in the second pic. Anyone experience in this fix? I can get the rebuild kit but not sure if water should be even making it that far. I'm right next to PPL motorhomes in Houston if I need anything.

2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)
7 REPLIES 7

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
They had the front housing for 25 or the revolution for 67.. Just went with a new pump. What a worthy upgrade. Shouldn't wake the dw at night now.

reasley
Explorer
Explorer
That front housing is where freeze damage usually occurs. You can replace it (part #94-231-30) for usually under $20. All of the 2088 series demand pumps use the same housing. Unfortunately it's more profitable for RV dealers to sell you a new pump than parts, so it's a rare dealer that stocks them. You can sometimes find them in farm stores and most certainly online.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I noticed mine started to leak after camping in freezing temps 2 years ago. When I removed it I noticed some corrosion where the parts join which said it had a very small leak over a long period of time. I took it apart and tried to clean it and relighted the bolts but it still leaked and sucked in air. I bought a new one from Amazon and while waiting for the part to come in I took it apart one more time and put some silicone adhesive at the parting plane and that worked. So now I have a backup pump. I would try the adhesive first before buying another.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
New pump is way to go. I JUST replaced my old Pump and am amazed at how quiet the new one is
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
The classic is being phased out.......

You can get the 4008 Revolution at PPL.....direct replacement and an upgrade (higher flow rate & pressure)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
The more I read I just may replace the classic with a revolution. The classic is a bit noisey, still good though. Just replace and be done with it!

Fishinghat
Explorer II
Explorer II
When I went to buy parts to replace my pump from freeze damage, I found Camping World didn't have the part(s) I needed, so I just bought a new pump.
Holiday Rambler Navigator DP, Hummer, and Honda VT1100C Shadow