cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide out broken

MattWelder
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2021 keystone 240 bh we putting the slide in it just stopped no noises at all just nothing I replaced the 10 amp fuse that was by the batteries still won’t work any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
way2roll wrote:
If you are going to go to the trouble of creating a profile to ask a question because you need help, why wouldn't you return to see what actual help was provided?
Solved the problem on their own would be my first guess. Can't find their way back here would be my 2nd.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
2oldman wrote:
way2roll wrote:
I guess with all the new RV'ers this year it makes sense we've seen an increase in newbie hit and run posts.
It really helps if they come back.

I never understood it. If you are going to go to the trouble of creating a profile to ask a question because you need help, why wouldn't you return to see what actual help was provided?

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
way2roll wrote:
I guess with all the new RV'ers this year it makes sense we've seen an increase in newbie hit and run posts.
It really helps if they come back.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok think about the standard slide out system. This is for Power Gear

Your switch is an SPDT center off (on)off(on) type that (ON) is in prens means only while holding the button) it feeds control power (not operational) to a control box on one of two wires (We will call them IN and OUT)

The box sees the request to move and closes a relay.. now there are two relays, wired so they are mutually exclusive (if one is in the other is not present) wired to act as a DPDT (Double pole double throw) (on)off(on) momentary switch

These feed power, one way or another to the motor, which turns the transmissionk and the shaft with shear pins or bolts connecting the tranny to the square shaft and the square shaft to the gear shaft to move the racks in and out.

Possible issues
Dirty switch
Wire fell off switch
Control box failed (happened to me)
motor blown (Also)
bolt/pins sheared (you guessed it)
Major issue

HWY hydraulic Now the control box operates hydraulic valve via solenoids and sends power (one way only) to the motor. other than that much the same.

There may be circuit breakers or fuses in the line.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
So little info.
Are you hooked up to power?
If not are your batteries charged?
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
That is a new trailer. Did you just get it recently? Have you had it for a year, and slide has been flawless till now? Has the slide been going in/out smoothly, no binding, motor not pulling down/straining? Is the slide motor accessible? A little more info would help.

No sound/nothing, suggests no power to motor. If you have a meter, or any means to check where power starts/stops, you should be able to diagnose the problem. That is a small slide, that should not overload a circuit breaker, if it is moving freely. It is likely a loose wire/bad connection, maybe at the switch, or motor. An electrical tester, is better than guesses, although many here, are experienced trouble shooters.

Jerry

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Agreed. Follow your battery positive cable. It may go to what looks like a terminal. That may be the circuit breaker that skibane is talking about. On my Open Range there are 2 of them and they are called a Shortstop circuit breaker. Mine are 50 amp and are automatic resets. Some are manual resets. They do fail, so I carry a spare. Good luck!
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Fuses can blow, but I sometimes have to reattach a wire that has come loose. It can happen at the motor running the hydraulic pump.

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
10 amps sounds kind of small for a slideout mechanism.

In some cases, there is also a DC circuit breaker (approx. 30 amps) that actually protects the slideout motor - in which case the 10 amp fuse is just be to protect the control circuit for the slideout.