cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slideout flush with floor

Hamnet
Explorer
Explorer
I have one 12' slide. I don' know why but I just noticed the steel sub floor doesn't flush out with the floor of the 5th wheel when out. Is it suppose to flush out?
9 REPLIES 9

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bipeflier wrote:
Some older units didn't sit flush. We had a 2002 that the slide set up about an inch or so. Our 2003 and later units had flush floors with slides out.

LOL we are just the opposite....our 2002 Sunnybrook had a flush floor slide that dropped in a recess when fully extended. Our 2008 Terry does not.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
My slide's floor is about an inch above the RV floor. I never even thought about it.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure it's extended to the proper distance. So many differen slides/models now. Our 07 era full slide will flush with the floor.

When our slide extends their is a lip with a seal on it that should be "1/2 crushed" against the interior wall when the slide is extended, aka it's proper "stop point".
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

Hamnet
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all. I have a 2001 skyline layton 5th wheel. It sounds like the floor was always a little elevated. I guess mine is as it always was.Thanks again

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flush floor slide rooms did not become the norm until maybe 10-12 years ago. So if your rig is older it is quite possible that there will be a step up between the main floor and the slide room

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
Some older units didn't sit flush. We had a 2002 that the slide set up about an inch or so. Our 2003 and later units had flush floors with slides out.

What year, make, and model are we talking about? Are you sure the slide was completely out?
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
depends on the construction and design of the slide. Newmar originally had one that slid out and down to make it even. that left a dreadful path thru the RV when in, one foot was about 6 inches higher than the other. my chieftain slides did not drop down, but the cabinets/bed/etc. were designed so it didn't matter.
bumpy

Hamnet
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. I do mean even. Unit in storage unavailable for pictures at this moment. I posted at that last moment while in forum. Sorry I don't have pictures.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Flush? Do you mean even, flush to the main floor, exactly what? Pictures would help.