cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Splendide 2000 Cold Water Valve

dbs944
Explorer
Explorer
While setting up on a recent camping trip, I turned on the water and a short time later heard water running. Went around to the back side of our RV and water was pouring from the basement under where the W/D sits. I turned the water off and then I noticed (when I opened the W/D door) that the tub was (before I opened it) full of water - needless to say a bit of a mess. I turned the water back on again and sure enough the tub started filling with water.

I pulled the W/D out and took it home and diagnosed that the cold water valve was stuck in the open position - I thought 'great!', a simple repair until I found out the valve is no longer made and there isn't a suitable replacement - this from the Splendide help line.

On a recommendation at work, I boiled the valve in a vinegar/water solution for 20 minutes and it now appears to be working - no leaks and it spurts water only when it is supposed to.

Questions -
Would you trust the valve to continue working correctly?
Have you found a replacement somewhere for this valve?
We've never used the W/D in a year and a half - is having a washer really a lot better than a quick trip to the campground laundromat? As I understand it, the W/D combo is really slow and doesn't do very much laundry.

Thanks

Dave
6 REPLIES 6

emiddleb
Explorer
Explorer
My hot water valve failed a year or so back, found a replacement here... PPL Motorhome Parts

Might check with them and see if they have yours still in stock.
2004 Winnebago Vectra 40KD
Roadmaster Tow Dolly

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look on eBay for "Splendide 2000 cold water valve". I found some valves that might work.

past-MIdirector
Explorer
Explorer
In all my years in appliance repair I've never heard to put any part in boiling anything. We would sometimes take discontinued valve apart and soak parts in Cider vinegar for a couple of hours to clean. Once the crude was removed from the inside of the valve we'd check them threw several bench checks and most of the time they were good for a few more years. The hardest thing on a washer is setting for months without being used since water will dry up and leave a scale. the best way if you're going to not use the washer for months is blow out the water lines and valves.

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
The need for the washer would have to be your decision. I would not trust the valve after you BOILED it, was never made for that hoy of water.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the warning/update. We made a big deal out of having the Splendide included in the purchase when we first ordered our MH. Like you, we have found that it is seldom used when we travel. The small load capacity means that it will wash a handful of underthings, or two towels, and each load takes many hours to complete. So, it is used when we take the grandkids to the beach to quick clean towels or socks...most of the time we gather up a few large loads and head to the Laundromat at the campground. Seems like the highly rated campgrounds we pick have excellent Laundromat facilities. In our next MH we have already decided to skip the washer dryer and keep the extra storage space.
JMHO

Harvard
Explorer
Explorer
We never use the city water for this very reason, a non detected leak. When all water must pass thru the pump you know when there is water flowing that should not be flowing.