cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SURGING PROBLEM

eller123
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Winnebago Adventurer Model 35L with a Workhorse Chassis with a 8.1L Chevy engine and a 1000 model six speed Allison Transmission. While running on level terrain at about 60 to 65 mph the tachometer starts surging from 2,000 rpm up to 2,500 rpm as if the transmission is trying to shift but never does. I may have driven anywhere from 25 to 30 miles before it starts surging. The surging can go on for 2 miles or as many as 100 miles then stops and goes back to normal operation. I have had the Transmission rebuilt, replaced the ECM module and replaced the spark plugs and wires. Additionally, I have taken my coach to Allisonโ€™s main district area shop in Houston, Texas, and other locations. I was told that without the Check Engine Light or a Code indicating that there is a problem, that this issue cannot be diagnosed and therefore the problem is unable to be repaired. I would welcome and greatly appreciate any ideas or solutions that may provide a โ€œfixโ€ for this problem.
5 REPLIES 5

Dave_H_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
Eller, looks like you got busted by the deputy Mods. ๐Ÿ˜‰

As Chum Lee indicated, you post that the tach is going up and down. However you did not state whether the engine itself is surging? As I interpret the post it probably is, but one never knows.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Double post unnecessary.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate of his thread in Class A.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
How many miles total? Is the cruise control on/off when this happens? Is the transmission in top gear? How much does the speed increase/decrease when this happens? How long has this been happening? Does this ever happen at lower speeds or only between 60 to 65 mph? How is the gas mileage?

Just a guess but this sounds like an intermittent vacuum leak or a plugged exhaust system. (catalytic converter) Does this engine have EGR?

Chum lee

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Read the forum rules?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman