cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Thetford Cassette Toilet won't flush

dougster
Explorer
Explorer
My Thetford Cassette C-402 toilet quit flushing. I replaced the fuse and that didn't help. The toilet flushes with an electronic button. The button creates a clicking noise somewhere when pressed, so there is some power. Sounds like the pump may be the problem. Any advice on replacing the pump? Do I have to take the whole toilet out to check or replace the pump?
I am anxious to get back on the open road!
Doug, Peggy, 2 kids and a dog
Starcraft 2406
Pathfinder 4x4 V8
5 REPLIES 5

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
"Dark slime?" No idea what that is. Chemicals for the toilet? Just add some to the cassett tank with some water. Dont follow the directions and add to the water tank. And i wouldn't add bleach to eaither tank. If it has stuff in the tank, take off the site glass and flush it out. I hosed mine out from the pump compartment. But i also had a bellows flush. Im sure you can do the same.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

dougster
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone was helpful! The you tube video answered a lot of questions and I was able to get the pump out and order a new one. What do you use to flush the dark slime down in my toilet's fresh water supply tank, other that the $31 a gallon stuff? Just fresh water, maybe with a few drops of bleach???
Doug, Peggy, 2 kids and a dog
Starcraft 2406
Pathfinder 4x4 V8

Sjm9911
Explorer
Explorer
There knock off pumps made for other stuff that look exactly like the ford one on ebay and Amazon for like 20$ you just have to look. Also, check the line to see if its clogged with sediment, as stated above it may clog the pump or the line. Sometimes the line falls off the pump also.
2012 kz spree 220 ks
2020 Silverado 2500
Equalizer ( because i have it)
Formerly a pup owner.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNxVUitXi7o

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thetford has repair/parts instructions online and you can also find a lot of YouTube videos showing pump replacement. You access the pump from the top of the unit. For my model the access is under the toilet paper holder. I am not sure but for your model I believe you need to pull off the lever and remove the flush control tray. Drain the tank first.

The clicking sound indicates the pump impeller is stuck with sediment. You might be able to move the impeller gently with a screwdriver and revive it. If not the pumps are standard and readily available for about $50 from Amazon and elsewhere.