cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TOGO Power Generator 1000w

riltri
Explorer
Explorer
I have been given a TOGO Power generator, 1000 max watt. Not costing me a thing but have no idea what 1000w can do. I have my regular house battery which is an Interstate SRM24 and carry a spare batt that I take off of my boat which is about the same size. My Honda 2000 died a few years ago, so I don't currently have a generator.

Is it even worth carrying in the bed of my truck (I do have room) while on long trips?

Refrig, furnace and w/h are propane so need 12v to operate.
Blue Ridge Mtns - NC
8 REPLIES 8

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
How "Big" is your converter
A 1000 watt generator can run 30-40-50-60 amp converters as a rule. (with a SRM 24 you should not be charging at much over 25 amps so it should run the converter with power to spare.. Say for a TV or Radio.)

A true 1000 watt will run a Progressive Dynamics 9180 + wizard but I've only seen one true 1000 watt (Generac by Briggs & Stratton) And sadly it grew legs and walked off.. I think I know who's legs but till a pawn shop detail finds it I'm without.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
riltri wrote:
I have been given a TOGO Power generator, 1000 max watt. Not costing me a thing but have no idea what 1000w can do. I have my regular house battery which is an Interstate SRM24 and carry a spare batt that I take off of my boat which is about the same size. My Honda 2000 died a few years ago, so I don't currently have a generator.

Is it even worth carrying in the bed of my truck (I do have room) while on long trips?

Refrig, furnace and w/h are propane so need 12v to operate.

that thing is a 2 cycle noisemaker! PLEASE don't use it in a campground. i'm sure its noise level exceeds campground max.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
That looks like the same generator as the cheap one Harbor Freight has sold for many years. I have one and although it isn't real quiet, it is durable.

The best use will be for battery charging but you can run other loads. I've run a 1,200 watt heater and when needed I operate my electric chain saw.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Should be able to put 30 amps into the battery when needed.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you recharge fully your two batteries daily? Long trips, short trips...no difference. Takes forever via a generator but is essential for long battery life.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can use that gen to run 35 amps or a bit less of a charger, so it you have a 55 amp converter, no. But one 24 at 50% -time to recharge- won't accept 35 amps anyway, so it could be useful doing one battery at a time.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

rlw999
Explorer
Explorer
That generator is rated at 800W sustained output, so you'll probably find it most useful for charging your battery through the power converter/charger in your RV. It's not going to run a microwave or air conditioner, but could run a TV or other small electronics like a computer, though with that small engine and at that price point ($180), I'd be a little concerned about the power quality, so would probably just stick to using it to charge up the batteries.

If you had an 80 amp charger for your house batteries it might not be able to keep up with that, but with only 1 battery, you probably don't.

One thing to be aware of is that it's a 2 stroke, so burns oil+gas and will produce unpleasant exhaust that you'll probably not want very close to your RV (or your neighbors). Make sure you carry around some pre-mixed fuel for it, or at least carry a can of oil so you can mix it when you need it.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Riltri,

There is a lot that a 1kw can do for you, but mostly it will have to just charge the house bank. Your grp 24 battery probably cannot run the heat all night. About all it can do is make some things more comfortable like run the TV and stereo and give you a false sense of security.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.