cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tundra Brake Controller Location

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a new to us 2010 Tundra double cab. Our old TV was a 2002 Tundra.

The 02 had a perfect location for my prodigy P2 controller with a flat location to the lower right of the steering wheel. I drilled a small hole in the back for the wires and it was in the perfect location to read the display and access the brake lever.

Now I'm looking at possible locations in the 2010 and I really don't like any of them. Does anyone have pictures or suggestions on the location in their tundras? Thanks fir your suggestions
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD double cab 4x4
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32 BHDS
Prodigy Brake Control
Eaz-Lift WD - Eaz-Lift sway control
15 REPLIES 15

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
marc71 wrote:

Trying to post a picture..

Anyways... I've tried a few times to post the picture of my instal. I ended up removing the ashtray, the controller fit nicely with no extra hole needed.
Prodigy Brake Control

marc71
Explorer
Explorer

Trying to post a picture..
Prodigy Brake Control

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
http://s221.photobucket.com/user/ti_3vooom/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg%5B/IMG%5D%5B/URL
Prodigy Brake Control

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
From looking at pictures online, would it be possible to remove the ashtray and construct some sort of a mount for that spot?

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
ifd22 wrote:
I took the insert out under the tow haul button. Existing wiring reaches th controller, and it is within easy reach.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hmhgz614h1r4e9/12052010063.jpg?dl=0

Looks like you also have the shifter between the seats? My tow/haul button is on the shifter
Prodigy Brake Control

ifd22
Explorer
Explorer
I took the insert out under the tow haul button. Existing wiring reaches th controller, and it is within easy reach.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hmhgz614h1r4e9/12052010063.jpg?dl=0
2019 Primetime lite Crusader
2018 Ram 2500 Crewcab CTD
Andersen hitch

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
Jim_in_OKC wrote:
Sorry that the image did not appear in my original post up above. Trying again.

Thank you for the picture. Our truck has the shifter on the column (like the one pictured above). There just doesn't appear to be a useable location, I'm still working at it before I start drilling
Prodigy Brake Control

Jim_in_OKC
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry that the image did not appear in my original post up above. Trying again.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
marc71 wrote:
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
We have the 2010 Tundra double cab. We put our Prodigy P2 in the small cubby hole in the center of the console, the cubby next to the phone charge plug.

Mounted in cubby directly in front of center cup holders. You will need an extension harness. Easy access to get to manual brake lever if needed in an emergency to control the trailer.

I will try and get a picture posted.

Im thinking yours has the shifter between the seats? Ours has the shifter on the column, there is no cubby hole next to the phone charger. I've seen pictures of what I believe your application looks like, which is very nice.

Yes our shifter and cup holders are in between the seats. Directly in front of the cup holders is a cubby hole that the Prodigy fits perfectly. Sounds like you have a different set up.

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
I lean forward a little bit 🙂

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
Hondavalk wrote:

Mounted under dash left of steering column

I'm just wondering how you reach the brake lever or even make on the fly adjustments with it being way down there?
Prodigy Brake Control

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
lots2seeinmyrv wrote:
We have the 2010 Tundra double cab. We put our Prodigy P2 in the small cubby hole in the center of the console, the cubby next to the phone charge plug.

Mounted in cubby directly in front of center cup holders. You will need an extension harness. Easy access to get to manual brake lever if needed in an emergency to control the trailer.

I will try and get a picture posted.

Im thinking yours has the shifter between the seats? Ours has the shifter on the column, there is no cubby hole next to the phone charger. I've seen pictures of what I believe your application looks like, which is very nice.
Prodigy Brake Control

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II

Mounted under dash left of steering column

Jim_in_OKC
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 2010 Sequoia, and I think the cab layout is the same as the Tundra. I've made a bracket that sits in the recess at the front of the console and holds my brake controller. The attached photo shows it in place. The white material on the right is simply foam wrapped around the piece that sits in the recess to keep it in place without the need for screws. That makes it easy to remove (though I actually leave it in place most of the time). Hope this helps you with ideas for your own solution.