cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Under belly fabric necessary?

jopes73
Explorer
Explorer
I have to drop my fresh water tank and it has under belly fabric just around the fresh water tank.

Is this something that is needed to have there or can it be done away with? The rest of the 5th wheel belly is open.
5 REPLIES 5

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œwhy did they only cover the fresh water tank area and not the whole under belly?โ€œ

Saved money. How many look under an RV before buying a new unit?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
Presumably, only that area was at risk from water and rodents.

It might also be a way to protect the fresh water tank from colder air.
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

jopes73
Explorer
Explorer
If it was to prevent rodent and water intrusion why did they only cover the fresh water tank area and not the whole under belly?

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
It helps keep rodents out of the RV plus prevents water intrusion as you head down the road on wet days.

eubank
Explorer
Explorer
Probably a fiberglass-based fabric. We use it in its non-RV form (called "Pet D-Fence") to protect buildings and more from damage from woodpeckers, but it's also used to replace screens in screen doors because pets can't tear it up. And my guess is that it's also pretty good at keeping rodents from entering your RV from below.
Lynn