cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Hearter Source For Full-Time

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
I live full-time in my 5th wheel. With that in mind, do you guys use propane or electric to heat your water.
Suggestions and why please.
Thanks guys,
David
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags
18 REPLIES 18

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
ENG2242 wrote:
I live full-time in my 5th wheel. With that in mind, do you guys use propane or electric to heat your water.
Suggestions and why please.
Thanks guys,
David

we're not fulltime but we run mostly on electric, even when we're on sn electric meter. i prefer to conserve our propane as much as possible.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
ENG2242 wrote:
Thanks,
I have plenty of propane available. My concerns are more geared towards what is less problematic in the long run.

problematic in what sense? why would you have problems with either one? Does your rig allow you to pick either one or both at the same time?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks,
I have plenty of propane available. My concerns are more geared towards what is less problematic in the long run.
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
I use electric when it is included in the price of the campground. I use propane when electric is not included and propane is readily available. I only turn on the water heater about 30 minutes before I plan to shower or wash clothes. Normally stays hot enough the rest of the day.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited