cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Will fridge run off tow vehicle on batts on TT?

arcsum68
Explorer
Explorer
Simple question, but I cannot seem to find an answer. Every search results in "will my TV charge the batteries".

Normally wouldn't care, but here's the scenario. Just got a new to me TT but I plan to keep the 2x 6volt batteries from my old trailer. To make them fit I need to make some modifications but its going on a trip before I will do that.

So, will the fridge stay powered by the TV on until I get to the site where I can throw the 2 golf cart batteries on the tongue temporarily?
2005 Ford F150 5.4 Super Crew
2014 Fun Finder 233RBS
33 REPLIES 33

arcsum68
Explorer
Explorer
There will be no battery, it needs to go in the Nash that I am selling.

And Yes, TW = Tow Wehicle. LOL, sorry about that.

And it is a 2 way fridge and would be on propane.
2005 Ford F150 5.4 Super Crew
2014 Fun Finder 233RBS

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 7-pin will help while your fridge is on propane, but not do enough while the fridge is on 12v if it is a 3-way fridge.

If the fridge is cold already before leaving it will stay cold that day till you get there if you leave the doors closed.

You need a battery in the TT to tow it (it's the law) so the emergency breakaway will work.

With the required 12v battery and the 7-pin, now you can use the 12v mode on the 3-way fridge and it will help keep it colder than without.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hard to say.. I'd be using a voltmeter to find out. We're all assuming you mean it's running on propane, and that TW means TV.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Will there be any battery in the trailer? On propane, they take very little 12 VDC power.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/