cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Will my WFCO 55 amp over charge?

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or can I leave it plugged in all winter as a maintainer?
This is on a 09 Cedar Creek 5th.
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
26 REPLIES 26

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
Charge the batteries to 100%, disconnect a battery cable, come back in the spring and top up the 10% charge that the batteries lost over the winter.

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was thinking then perhaps Iโ€™ll just plug it in for a day every two weeks. ??

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
wfco chargers are POS and known for boiling batteries dry and/or never going into bulk charge mode.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ivbinconned wrote:
Normally I do take them ( 4 6volts) out but as I get older for some reason they get heavier!!
And if Biden can figure it out that an un-jabbed Canadian snowbird isolated in his trailer is no more dangerous than the millions streaming in from the south to stay.
Get lighter batteries. You seriously want to turn this into politics?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Normally I do take them ( 4 6volts) out but as I get older for some reason they get heavier!!
And if Biden can figure it out that an un-jabbed Canadian snowbird isolated in his trailer is no more dangerous than the millions streaming in from the south to stay.
Maybe will drive south for two months and spend some money.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Bring batteries in and keep them warm. They like that.

:B

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
The WFCO is perfectly fine to float a lead-acid battery in the cold of winter. If still concerned check the battery voltage after a week of no use to see you are in the 13.2 to 13.6 range.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bring batteries in and keep them warm. They like that.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
Donโ€™t know how well a solar would work here in the frozen short sun lite days of the north.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Get a 10 or 15 watt 12v solar maintainer and hook to battery. Disconnect the negative wire and turn off your converter.. Your battery will thank you

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
A thirty watt solar panel with a decent controller will do the job much better. Still need to check battery water level every month however.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
I would not.