cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

winegard carryout G3

mrstumbleweed
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering purchasing a winegard G3 satellite system and would appreciate any comments as to its performance, ease of use and costs. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure about Bell. The G3 is smaller and slower than the G2. It grinds as it searches instead of the G2โ€™s smooth hum. I find no difference between the two in ability to get programming..

mrstumbleweed
Explorer
Explorer
Hi My intention is to travel across Canada and wondered how the antenna works with bell expressview Thanks

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bell does not work in the US much more than a couple of hundred miles South of the border.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mrstumbleweed
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies. My intention is to be hooked to bell expressview and am wondering if anyone is doing this. Appreciate your comments and recommendations.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
mrstumbleweed wrote:
I am considering purchasing a winegard G3 satellite system and would appreciate any comments as to its performance, ease of use and costs. Thanks

Are you a DISH customer or DTV? New or used purchase?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Trigger_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Carryout G3 with Dish Network. Permanently mounted on roof.

On start up it's slow to lock on to satellite signal but then works fine. Slowness may also be partly our Dish 211k receiver.

Gets an SD signal if no HD available.

Coach dealer installed it. Don't know his cost.
2012 Discovery 40X 380hp ISC.
Toad is a 2014 Jeep Wrangler JK

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you'll be using the G3 with DirecTV (SD only), it'll get the job done. For use with Dish though, I recommend the Pathway X2 as the better choice. The X2 is capable of receiving both the eastern and western arc satellites for more aiming opportunities on heavily treed sites. Both dishes are easy to use with a clear line of sight to the sats.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate