cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Rayzer Z1 antenna signal questions

Rmabus
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. Hope all is well. I have a 2017 Forest River Micro Light that came with the Rayzer Z1 tv antenna. I have not really been able to pick up tv signal with it. Others around with differnet campers/antenna's are picking up channels. I know my booster is on. I have gotten channels in Dallas, as well as in a remote part of Oklahoma once recently. That said, I was in huntsville tx last weekend and could not pick up anything. Is there a way to boost the booster?

Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

Rmabus
Explorer
Explorer
All. Very helpful. I will do some tinkering and report back.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok, the Rayzar is not the antenna the Sensar IV is. that's all I'm going to say.

Antennas all have "Range" ratings. Not sure what the Rayzar is but .. like I said it's not a Sensar IV. or a Sensar III with wingman. What I'm watching now. though I wish I was not cause the dude on screen is blathering yet again.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Rmabus wrote:
I have a 2017 Forest River Micro Light that came with the Rayzer Z1 tv antenna. I have not really been able to pick up tv signal with it. Others around with differnet campers/antenna's are picking up channels. I know my booster is on.

You don't have a "booster" - that wall plate itself has no ability to amplify the signal. What it does do is allow switching between a cable input & the antenna and when set to antenna also routes 12vdc to the antenna head which is where any signal amplification occurs. So - have you switched this wall plate from cable to antenna? If so, have you run a scan on your television? Yes, you could add additional signal amplification by replacing that passive wall plate with a Winegard SensarPro which will offer 10 db of signal amplification or 10 db of attenuation.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
i agree look for corrosion- is the light on on the power supply?
-- Chris Bryant

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
There is probably nothing wrong with your antenna or the booster. More than likely the coax wires connected to the back of the booster and / or the connections where you hook up your television are frayed and touching, causing a short, thus preventing a signal reaching your television.

Take the time to remove each coax connection, the booster, and anywhere you attach the coax cable and check the actual cable. If you see the little fine wires sticking out under the crimping, that's your problem.

My second TT had this problem. After I cleaned up all the wires television reception was marvelous!