cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yamaha 2000 problems

Welder99
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all, to begin with I purched 2 Yamaha 2000 generators used very little. They came with the wire kits to hook two together . I powered both up at high rpm then turned on my AC . One generator revved up and would not power the AC . I didn't have the generators on power saver mode. They were both at high rpm at the time I turned on the AC. One generator went to yet a higher RPM. I also have a Honda EU 3000 that I hooked up and it had no problem running the AC. I used my volt meter and it showed 124.7 volts at the hook up kit. So I'm confused as to why they wouldn't power the AC . Also I have the soft start capacitor on the AC. Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
18 REPLIES 18

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
I've been having problems with my 2 Yamaha 2000s also.
One of them, the same one every time will go into overload and then the a.c. shuts down.

I'm seriously considering even though the trailer is new getting a high efficiency A.C.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked the oil in the one that will not rev up? If it doesn't have sufficient oil, it will only run at ECO RPM. At least that is the way mine works.

I also had trouble when mine were on an uneven surface.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It's too easy to get fooled because of measuring voltage from the generator not in circuit. Measure voltage at both generators.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
It sounds like something isn't right with the daisy chain wire kit. It sounds like only one generator was trying to carry the load since the other one was not increasing its RPMs.

You can / will get 124.7V off of one generator or both, but it sounds like only one was putting power into the wiring harness and therefore you were only getting the 2000 watts from one generator, not the combined wattage needed to power the AC.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.