cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2008 inferno electrical issues

Wixi98
Explorer
Explorer
We have power all day until around 6pm. Then the power fades to battery power ,or surges up n down.
Campsite power is good had them check that first.

Anyone have this issue that may help us out as to where to start next?
6 REPLIES 6

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like either the converter, battery or both have failed. As Don said, you need to monitor the voltage when this occurs.

dedmiston
Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found us.

Have you had any luck yet?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
check the output on the converter when it is dark outside.

check the battery voltage when it is dark outside.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
QCMan wrote:
Sounds more like he is having an a/c switching issue as he states that the shore power is good. I cannot help on that one.
Llittle info and lots of possibilites. I agree but doubtful the pedestal power was checked at the time he has the problem. It's likely his problem but...

OP Recommend you buy a plug in 120V meter and check the voltage inside. You can buy an inexpensive VOM from Harbor Freigh but be aware that probing 120V AC can be dangerous should not be done without full awareness of safety procedures.

Thoughts - try a different site. What does "fades to battery mean"? Do you hear any relays clicking?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

QCMan
Nomad III
Nomad III
Sounds more like he is having an a/c switching issue as he states that the shore power is good. I cannot help on that one.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not much to go on but as a WAG. You have solar power for the batteries and some 120V units need 12V for controls and don't work right when the solar power ends.

Start by checking AC voltage and DC voltage. Load check the batteries. Could also have low AC voltage in the evening.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob