cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Side Patio Choices

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are headed to Elkhart either the last weekend of October or first weekend of November. We plan to visit Alliance, Jayco, and Grand Design.

Our last toy hauler, the Vengeance 40D12, had a huge side patio and it became one of the best features we've ever enjoyed on a toy hauler. Most of today's models don't seem to have side patios quite as big but in turn, they offer a small slideout on that same side of the camper. So it's an acceptable trade-off.

Just looking for opinions from actual owners of these models. I've browsed a little in their owner forums but I'm now asking here. Any owners of the:
Jayco Seismic 4113
Alliance Valor 42V13
Grand Design Momentum 399

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

dsrace
Explorer
Explorer
i do not have any experience with the models your looking at. our last toyhauler had an 8x7' side patio and it was used every trip. i had no problem putting it out or away by myself. a 12' patio would've been fantastic! 8x7 was barely large enough for 2 people, comfortably anyway.

Junket
Explorer
Explorer
May be week return springs but on his 399 Momentum it was a chore
Ken
2005 Dodge Cummins 610 325Hp 3.73 Auto
2016 Wildcat 26FBS
Go Fast 66 Cobra replica 500+HP Richmond 6sp
2015 Jeep unlimited
23ft. Striper boat

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
Junket wrote:
Have a friend with a 399 the fold down patio takes 3 men and a boy to put it back in
ken

That is weird. Our Vengeance had a patio probably a good 12' long. It was definitely longer than any other toy hauler side patio I ever saw at the campgrounds. Sure it's a little stout but I could push it up by myself with no problem.

Junket
Explorer
Explorer
Have a friend with a 399 the fold down patio takes 3 men and a boy to put it back in
ken
2005 Dodge Cummins 610 325Hp 3.73 Auto
2016 Wildcat 26FBS
Go Fast 66 Cobra replica 500+HP Richmond 6sp
2015 Jeep unlimited
23ft. Striper boat