cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

19.5 Tires

Rollin
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a consensus on the best all around tires from the following: Continental HDR's, Goodyear RSS's or the noisy Michelin XDS2's?
15 REPLIES 15

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
They did a very good job of quieting down my wife.. The truck now "sings" to her, and puts her to sleep when she rides in it.

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
My M608z's are very quiet, as quiet as my OEM Michelins.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Are the Toyo M608Z 's quiet?

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
No experience with the tires in the OP, but I have the M608z and they have been flawless. They took less than 100 miles to break in, and are very quiet.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
My Toyo 608z pulled to the right alot.

I replaced them with Hankook's, and the pulling disappeared.

wcjeep
Explorer
Explorer
My Toyo 608z were not great for about 1k miles. After break in they were great.

dadwolf2
Explorer
Explorer
I've been doing internet searches/reviews on 19.5 tires for awhile now. I've come to the conclusion that the only users having any reportable problems are the semi-truck tractors with serious heavy loads and hard use. I've read way too many reviews on multiple RV forums that state positive use from 19.5 & 22.5 tires from almost every brand. That seems to be the consensus I've read from top name brands such as Bridgestone & Toyo to off-brands such as Sumitomo & Dynatrac. The biggest difference for RV'er seems to be price and maybe tread noise.

What you are asking for are people who have used all three brands you've mentioned and to rate them. Hope you find somebody, because I am curious too!!
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
Hi.

Love my 19.5" tires.

Unlike JumboJet, I have not had any of the problems that he has described. I had HDR on the truck as my OEM tires and am on my second set of Continental HDR. I didn't wear out the previous tires, just replaced them due to their age. The price was right and my previous experience with HDR tires didn't dissuade me from getting them again. I put Steerer tires on front, this time.

The biggest difference I have experienced between the first and second set of HDR tires, is that the second set of HDR tires don't self clean themselves of rocks as easily as the initial set. (Different tread pattern design), which results in rocks being thrown to rear more. This impacts front edges of my trailer more now.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a problem with my Bridgestones.

Paul

msiminoff
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmmm, I don't think that there is consensus on which 19.5" tire is bestโ€ฆ
I currently have Michelin XDE's, but won't be replacing them with XDS2's. This is primarily due to the road noise and also what I consider to be excessive tread squirm (when new).
I think that my next set will be Bridgestone M729F's
Cheers,
-Mark
'04 Alpenlite Saratoga 935, 328W of solar, 300Ah Odyssey batt's, Trimetric, Prosine 2.0
05 Ram3500, Cummins,Vision 19.5 w/M729F's, Dynatrac Hubs, RR airbags w/ping tanks, Superhitch, Roadmaster Swaybar, Rancho RS9000XL
The Overlhander Blog

JPedro
Explorer
Explorer
Rollin wrote:
Looking for a consensus on the best all around tires from the following: Continental HDR's, Goodyear RSS's or the noisy Michelin XDS2's?

I have the Michelin XDS2 225/70R19.5 and the noise on my Chevy is about the same as the OEM Bridgestone Duravis M700 265/70R17. Tread looks almost exactly the same. The road noise is very tolerable to me, and what really counts is that the wife says it's OK.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm not sure what you mean by all around, but I'd go Michelin xds or Hankook DH-01s if you want more aggressive tires.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Garry_Gayle
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to look at Toyo they have a new tire out the M920
M920
I have the 608Z are they are not noisy.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Continental HDRs are hard and not real good traction. You could spit under the rear tires and need to go 4wd to move. They have good tread depth and seem to last a long time. I had 70,000 miles on a set and still had 1/2 the tread depth remaining.

I previously had a set of Michelin XDS and did not like the noise. Sold them and installed a set of Michelin XRV tires. I still have them. Sold the Continental HDRs with the truck.