cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2014 forest river

dbucher
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a forest river last summer. I am not thrilled with all the things going wrong and the lack of support. Has anyone else had issues? Thanks for your feed back.
10 REPLIES 10

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
Took over three months to replace my nose cap on my Flagstaff Classic. Never again.
charles weidman

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
"purchased at keystone rv" There is your problem. Try OE in Falling Waters.
2015 Skyline Dart 214BH Traded in for 2016.5 Skyline Javelin 285rb
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost Super Crew

Godspeed999
Explorer
Explorer
Our experience with Forest River (Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS) has been fantastic....or perhaps it could just be our dealer, but I'd be surprised if they had just volunteered to cover everything on their own

The trailer is a 2011 and we've had the following covered for no charge under warranty:

- seals for slide-out. minor leaking along bottom during travel in heavy rain

- both axles bowed. very weird. replaced with much heavier duty axles

- tongue jack. replaced with factory Atwood unit first time and second time, again for free, with a Husky 4500

- radio, twice, again second time with a better unit. wouldn't play DVD's, even store bought ones

- microwave. replaced with a better unit

- water pump. Artis unit replaced, prior to any failure or malfunction, with a ShureFlo

I think that's it. Wow, that's kind of a lot now that I've itemized it.

dbucher
Explorer
Explorer
sorry its a FLAGSTAFF DIAMOND EDITION

dbucher
Explorer
Explorer
We had a storage door crack 6 wks for repair awning tube is really bowed stereo comes on have since pulled fuse shower fauset head power tongue stuck.it is a 31rkbs diamond edition. purchased at keystone rv. they had it six wks first time went to get it filthy dirty full of stink bugs. Was told fr was the issue not getting the parts. yes we have the extended war.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
dbucher wrote:
We purchased a forest river last summer. I am not thrilled with all the things going wrong and the lack of support. Has anyone else had issues? Thanks for your feed back.

Forest River makes dozens of RV brand lines. Which one did you buy and what are your specific issues?

Just reading this forum alone you will see that there are lots of issues but you must allow that the complaints reported on the Internet are far outstripped by the lack of complaints. Also there are many many components in an RV that are not made by FR or its brand lines. These have individual failure rates and issues no matter what the brand is of the RV itself.

You really must be specific with your post in order to get meaningful responses. ๐Ÿ™‚
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
We're on our second FR product, a ROO hybrid and now a Rockwood Ultra Lite. Have only had a couple of minor issues and we contacted the dealer....fixed lickety split. FR is usually responsive, so agree that it may be the dealer. What kind of problems are you having?? It should still be under warranty as a 2014. Sorry you're having issues....seems like every so often one slips through the cracks, but your dealer should be going to bat for you. More info??
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
So what went wrong and how did your dealer handle it?
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Forest River is usually pretty good about warranty issues. It could be your dealer. Did the dealer offer you FR's 2nd year warranty for $150? Contact FR direct and you will see some results.
I sent you a PM.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

Hawk7
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry you are having issues. Is the lack of support coming from the manufacturer or your dealer? We bought our TT last July and have some issues. We are local to each other so I wonder if it's the same dealer?

Barb
2015 Skyline Dart 214BH Traded in for 2016.5 Skyline Javelin 285rb
2011 Ford F150 Lariat Ecoboost Super Crew