cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2016 Starcraft AR-1 26 BHS Bunks

Jstuart99
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at buying a 2016 Starcraft AR-1 26 BHS Bunks and I read a few bad reviews but I would really like the opinions of this group.
Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

ViewOfAKindArt_
Explorer
Explorer
We are pretty happy with ours, the only thing for us was the jackknife sofa material frayed very quickly(2 Months), but it gets a lot of use, and I'm sure its not just a StarCraft thing. Everything else has been pretty solid.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Bear in mind that fhere are many rvs built and sold, and you're always going to have some lemons. Not that it's any excuse at all, but it will happen with every brand.

Also, the components, water heaters, tvs, microwaves, refrigerators, heaters, acs, etc, are exactly the same across every brand. Well, maybe not 100k+ models, but certainly every TT and 5er I've ever looked at in the rv shows. The component problems will happen with any brand.

I think I've found some of the reviews you spoke of. Some of these should have been quite obvious, and the purchaser should have never accepted the trailer like that.

As I stated, the ar-one is a pretty basic brand, at least mine is. But in the 6 years I've had it, I never had any problems. I think you'd be safe buying one. Just do your due diligence when you pick it, or any other trailer, up for delivery.

Jstuart99
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
Jstuart99 wrote:
I am looking at buying a 2016 Starcraft AR-1 26 BHS Bunks and I read a few bad reviews but I would really like the opinions of this group.
Thanks!

What did the reviewers complain about?

Most of them complained that it was cheaply made. One guy mentioned lots of leaks in his propane hoses and others complained about panels coming off. Two complaints I read said flooring bubbled and a bolt broke through the flooring. I do realize these reviews were not all related to the exact model I'm looking at but were Starcraft brand and similar.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Jstuart99 wrote:
Thanks!

What did the reviewers complain about?
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
I don't have that particular model, but do have an 2012 AR-One. The trailer is very basic, no automatic anything. But, we bought it to enjoy the outdoors, not sit inside pressing remotes.

The trailer has been flawless. Never a leak, and the only repair was replacing a propane pigtail.

We are looking to replace it, but only because we want something just slightly bigger.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Itโ€™s a fifteen thousand dollar TT you can probably buy for thirteen five. IMO it wonโ€™t hold up. โ€œSpare tire kitโ€ means no spare tire?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad