cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

35' Rear Living

Slick_Rick
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking for a TT for retirement. Just DW, myself and the dog. We've enjoyed the TC on the beach but we're ready for more space. TV is a F350 PSD SRW so 14k lbs is the max. A rear living is our fav but without a good rv show, like Hershey, it's hard to pick one. We like the Jayco and Keystone units, Airstreams not so much, but any recommendations are appreciated. We want to stay around 35' (ext length) to be ok in state parks.
What RLs do you own and why?
TIA
SR
2015 F350 Lariat CC PSD 4x4 SRW
2015 Lance 865 Truck Camper
9 REPLIES 9

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Keystone Passport Elite 31RE with opposing slides and loved it! We loved the kitchen too. We decided to go to a fifthwheel or else we would still have it. Perfect for the two of us.

Couldn't beat the living area in that trailer.

Slick_Rick
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at 5ers but we still want to keep the TC and do the beach thing. Maybe if my truck had the pucks in the bed we could go gooseneck but with only 3500 max payload we're still somewhat limited. I really want a F450 but we lose the beach camping. And we're ready to roll, now's not the time to buy a new truck. We've got a good truck with a good engine, according to Blackstone, and a tt is the way to go for us. But we may not find one for a couple years anyway.
2015 F350 Lariat CC PSD 4x4 SRW
2015 Lance 865 Truck Camper

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I second the 5th wheel option. Easier to maneuver. Weight is less of an issue.

John_Burke
Explorer
Explorer
I just sold my 2014 Jayco Eagle 338 RETS. We loved it for Lots of room. 3 slides, huge closet, washer-dryer hookup if you want one. The interior was very nice. Two swivel rocker recliners, couch table and 4 chairs. Storage, lots of storage. You can look at the floor plan on line.
We thought we would go south more in the winter, but do not. We pit about 35,000 miles pulling it around the country with no issues. Really, really liked it but sold it for a smaller one we can get into state and national parks with.
ld it for a smaller one we can get into state and national parks with.

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 38’ Keystone Outback with rear living room and opposite slides and love it. Our TV is a’20 f250 6.7l diesel SRW that pulls it wonderfully.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
outback has a few rear living with opposing slides. we have a 2011 295RE and we love it.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
parcany wrote:
We had a 2011 Jayco 33RLDS. Rear living room with 2 slides going out on each side. The living room when open was 14 feet wide bt 12 feet long. Big and really nice. The one we had there was storage under both couches. A Jack and Jill bathroom. The newer 33RLDS had a third slide in the bedroom which was a closet if I remember right.

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2011 Jayco 33RLDS. Rear living room with 2 slides going out on each side. The living room when open was 14 feet wide bt 12 feet long. Big and really nice. The one we had there was storage under both couches. A Jand and Jill bathroom. The newer 33RLDS had a third slide in the bedroom which was a closet if I remember right. GVW was 9950 and came out of the factory around 8225.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Have you considered a 5th wheel. Lots of RL options there and within your truck tow and payload rating if it is a reasonably new truck.