cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Added Torklift Glow steps and Stow N' Glow bracket

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I installed the steps a while back (January I think), then I discovered the Stow N' Go bracket and got it installed last week.

Steps

Bracket
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
6 REPLIES 6

Bedlam
My GlowSteps were anchored bellow the door threshold instead of at the bumper. This made easy access in and out of the camper without strange transitions but prevented me from using a Stow N' Go to store the steps and also hindered access to the basement tray once the stairs were installed. The latter didn't bother me much because I only used that tray for electrical cords and water hoses, but I had to store the stairs in the camper or truck.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
GeoBoy wrote:
Are you going to get the mid step that is available for entry over the slide out tray door?

I'm not sure yet if I will add the mid step to the bumper.
I should try adding a 4th step first and make it flush with the bumper.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Kayteg1 wrote:
You can find old post how to make first step flush with the bumper.
I found it much more convenient/safer and my small dogs love it since they had hard time to make 12" basement step from small bumper step.

I am very likely going to try that mod next, and do it via adding a 4th step. The step down from the door to the bumper is big, and the bumper is kind of narrow.

I should have bought another step today when I was at my parts supplier warehouse.

I've used the camper once (two weekends ago) with the steps and bracket. Coming down off the steps at an angle, due to the trailer, the back of of my left shoe kept getting hung up on the leg of the landing gear feet

If you watch the video closely, you can see I had the feet / legs oriented so the legs faced the inside of the steps. I swapped them side to side a few nights ago so the legs are at the outside of the steps. That will prevent my shoe from occasionally getting caught on the leg.

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
Doug, nice video. Are you going to get the mid step that is available for entry over the slide out tray door?

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
You can find old post how to make first step flush with the bumper.
I found it much more convenient/safer and my small dogs love it since they had hard time to make 12" basement step from small bumper step.

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Enjoyed your videos! Good job.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.