cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Airtight 12v Heavy Duty Aircompressor

augustpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had experience with the 12 V Airtight compressor from Camping World.
Looking at buying small comrpressor for bike and the trailer tires to carry in trailer.
They claim 150 psi , say pump up tire in under 3 minutes. Have large compressor at home, just wanted small and easy to carry in trailer. Thanks.
2017 Rockwood 2906WS Ultra Light
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7. 4x4
Firestone Air Lift 1000, Equalizer Hitch
9 REPLIES 9

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Um, I don't have one but, how could a Air Compressor be Air Tight !:B

woob44
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the HF 150 PSI compressor.

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also have the HF compressor. It travels in the TT. No problems for about 3 years.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
I have been using the tankless 12VDC POrtable air compressor (AMAZON-Q Industries MV50) for years even back in my tent camping days...

This is what I carry also - gets TV tires up to 80 in no time.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

Community Alumni
Not applicable
donn0128 wrote:
Check the volume rating at 40 PSI. Most of the 12 volt jobbies are in the range of 1-2CFM. Which is basically useless.

Useless? I have a Harbor Freight unit that's rated at 1.35 CFM and it tops off my 34" tires on the truck rather quickly. Filling up flat trailer tires only takes a few minutes. I wouldn't have one issue with using it on the side of the road in an emergency situation.

OP: The Airtight unit appears to be poorly crafted according to Amazon reviews. I would look at units that have alligator clips vs the 12v socket connection. 12v socket versions normally have limited power and the clips give you the ability to use the compressor anywhere there's a battery. Harbor Freight has one that can be had for about $45 with a coupon.

Wilmar 60404 Amazon

Harbor Freight Compressor

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been using the tankless 12VDC POrtable air compressor (AMAZON-Q Industries MV50) for years even back in my tent camping days...

I also use the CAMCO 36153 AIR ADAPTER (AMAZON) so I can input air into the city water port for blowing out the air lines..

The tankless air compressor is rated at 150PSI but I doubt if it would ever do that successfully haha... It works great for my 60lbs tires and with the long air hose I can sit this on the dropped tail gate of the truck and connect into the trailer 12VDC battery terminals and get to all the tires on both my truck and POPUP trailer setup. It has a good 15-foot or so length air hose with it... This compressor get pretty hot when being used so be careful and let it cool down before putting back in the fabric case...

Being tankless it doesn't jump right into high pressure and slowly builds up to it. This is perfect for blowing out the water lines. Lets you walk inside and open some taps... This is perfect for us as we like to camp up into the late November/Dec times OFF-ROAD and may have to blow out some water before going to bed at night when it gets down to freezing temps. Only takes a few minutes with this setup... Then we can just add water the next day and go on...

The nice carrying case fits under my truck rear seat area just fine... I have room in here for my tire air gauge and air adapter for the trailer city water port.

I suspect my MV50 is getting pretty old now as I sort of get the feeling it doesn't put out as much air as it once did but still works great for me. I notice the VIAIR model which is very similar to this unit is very popular looking under the AMAZON REMARKS...

At the house I have a professional grade 120V Air Compressor with tank setup. I have never really needed a 120VAC air compressor on the camping trips...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a VIAIR 12V DC compressor.
A lot cheaper today than when I bought it 8 yrs ago
Used it 7 yrs while full timing traveling weekly
Truck tires 17" 80PSI
5vr tires 16" 110PSI

Handled them w/o issue

LINK
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
When you are looking at air compressors you will find that the bigger the tank the more air they can furnish. Mainly because they store the air in the tank.That said if you are looking for a 12V compressor there is only one good one on the market. Vair. I have a Vair 450P. For a small compressor that does a good job without lugging around a large tank it does a great job. Plus, since it doesn't have a tank if you blow out your water lines you won't be blowing garbage from the tank into the water lines. It does a good job on airing up tires. The Vair 450P isn't cheap. They run about $240. Very compact. Comes in a canvas bag with all accessories. Check out their web site. They spec each unit out.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check the volume rating at 40 PSI. Most of the 12 volt jobbies are in the range of 1-2CFM. Which is basically useless.