Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone tried Anderson levelers? new to TT, learning all I cn

davpratt
Explorer
Explorer
As a former popupper we loved our BAL leveler to level side to side,
as near as I can tell, BAL does not make anything strong enough for a TT. So I was considering an Anderson leveler, it is a red, kind of bannana shaped thing that you put under a low side tire. the further you back up or pull forward the higher that side goes. While lifting one tire might be ok, I have heard it might be more stable to get two of these,and use one on each of the low side tires.What do you folks think about this? I would greatly appeciate your input. And I know that I need to update my sig.
Dave
'16 Jayco 27DSRL "Motel 4 (wheels)"
'14 Tundra 1794 Crewmax "Silver Dragon"
Member: ACW
18 REPLIES 18

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Another fan here.

First two outings this year and the sites were perfectly level, so they never left the compartment. Finally had to use them the other day at a new site and was really impressed with how well they worked.

My trailer is a Bullet with spread axles, so I did not have to modify them at all to fit between the wheels.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Made a set from a 6x6. Love them. Put a level that is visible from driver's seat on camper. Leveling is now so easy. When used properly with chocks there is no movement.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

JoeTampa
Explorer
Explorer
xyzHollyxyz wrote:
I LOVE my Andersen levelers. Combined with the giant bubble level, makes side-to-side leveling for one person a snap.

I did the exact same thing - large bubble level on th front of the TT and leveling myself is simple and easy.
2006 Keystone Cougar 243RKS (First trailer)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 32BHDS (Traded in)
2016 Jayco Jay Flight 33RBTS (Current)
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4WD 6.6L Duramax Diesel (LBZ)
Blue Ox Swaypro 1500 WDH
Prodigy P2 BC
Amateur Call AB2M

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I made a set from a length of 2" x 6". I cut it into multiple pieces equal to the finished length of the leveler. Then I cut each piece on a band saw making the appropriate curve top and and bottom. Finally I glued several pieces together to get the finished width. Using the same technique I made the small curved wedges that fit under the tapered end. They work great and cost almost nothing.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
My TT is single axle, I use the BAL Leveler and love it, in fact I just made a carrying box for it.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

xyzHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
I LOVE my Andersen levelers. Combined with the giant bubble level, makes side-to-side leveling for one person a snap.

RoyBell
Explorer
Explorer
I just picked some up last week and used them last weekend for the first time. They sure made leveling easy! It's a little tight between wheels so I may trim a little like the above post. First trim=success. I will still bring some 2x6 in case I need them. I've never been at a site that I needed more than 3 x 3/4" boards. 4" seems like more than enough max height.

bill-e
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, work great.

Thanks,
Bill

'15 Keystone Cougar 26RBI and '15 RAM 1500 Ecodiesel

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have them and love them.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

JD_and_Beastlet
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a pair and before our last trip I modified one to fit between our tires, which are very close together.

I brought them along, eagerly anticipating their first use, but wouldn't you know it... the damned pad slope was level where we parked the trailer. The nerve of some parks! 😛

Next time...
2008 Starcraft ST 2700BH behind 2013 Ford F-150 SuperCrew EcoBoost FX4.
Linked by ProPride 3P 1400.
restcure.ca

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love ours - use two for a tandem axle fifth wheel that scales at 10,500 on the axles (13,500 total with pin weight). We are full-timers and move, on average, every week or two. We broke one last December, but I'm pretty sure it was because there was a large rock underneath the leveler. Andersen honored the warranty "no questions asked" and had a new one to us in three days by UPS. I also use an Andersen fifth wheel hitch and am a fan of their products.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
2X on loving them. I have the Ultimate set 3600

Only issue I've had is the 4"max leveling. I now carry a 4.5' 2x6 to use under my dual axles.

You should be able to find the set for under $190.

alcaracu
Explorer
Explorer
have em-love em

Griz14
Explorer
Explorer
I have them and think they are a whole lot better than leveling blocks. It takes the guess work out of how many blocks you need to level the trailer. You do need 2 if you have dual wheels.

Griz14