cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bed liners

petoworx
Explorer
Explorer
hello all,my chevy came with a drop in bed liner,had tork lifts installed and reading through the brochure it states do not use w/bedliner. i have rubber 3/4 inch mats between camper(no sliding) should i take bed liner out?? confused, thanks pete
15 REPLIES 15

petoworx
Explorer
Explorer
liner will go!! thanks all for the input, pete

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
I'd remove the drop in liner and use a rubber mat only.

No problem using a spray in bed liner and rubber mat too.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
I also had my truck bed sprayed with Line X and love it. I would never have a drop in bedliner as they are too slick and causes more damage to the truck bed.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
I am surprised that anyone is loading there camper on top of a plastic drop-in liner. Rubber mat or not.

That was about the first thing I learned not to do when I got involved with truck campers.

Paul

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
You read the origial warning, you read several of us warning...

Yes, it is your TC... and it'll be yours to repair if you end up with bottom rot on your camper...

Someone will remember and bring it up again.

Good luck to you.

sleepy
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

petoworx
Explorer
Explorer
thanks all!, with the rubber live stock mats on top of the bed liner it seems to be ok, no sliding or noticable movement. still just wondering why?? pete

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen some issues with TC's sitting in water that is trapped in the removable liners... the floor of the campers rotted out. (silversand recently mentioned it)

I have also seen the screatches and rust dammage from water trapped between the removable liner and the trucks bed...

I was warned of this when i bought my camper... I was told to use the spray in liner and make sure the drain holes at the front of the bed are open.

I had the spray-in Linex bed sprayed in the day I bought my truck new in October of 2002... the bed is still in very good shape and so is the Linex (My camper is loaded 99.99% of the time... that may help by keeping the sun off the Linex, I don't know.)

Note... if the spray-in liners are ever digged up they claim to be easily touched up.
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
:h

Was out at Five Star RV in Henderson, Colorado earlier this year, buying my current TC used out there.

They have a sign, prominently posted on their shop entrance saying they will NOT install any camper they sell on a vehicle with a plastic or drop in bed liner.

For what its worth.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
OH48Lt wrote:
After having a plastic drop-in liner in a couple of pickups, that will never happen again. My experience is that they vibrate and make noise, they allow water to get in under it and stay there, they rub off paint and cause rust. If you want to put something in there to protect the bed, consider one of the spray in liners like Line-X or RhinoLiner.

Amen to that!
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

Bob__B
Explorer
Explorer
Had mine sprayed wih Line-X and put a rubber mat over it....Line - X is too slick by itself.....love it so far.
2007 Lance 1181, 2013 Chevy 3500 DRW

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
After having a plastic drop-in liner in a couple of pickups, that will never happen again. My experience is that they vibrate and make noise, they allow water to get in under it and stay there, they rub off paint and cause rust. If you want to put something in there to protect the bed, consider one of the spray in liners like Line-X or RhinoLiner.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

Gaetan
Explorer
Explorer
I toke mine off for different reasons ,it is very slipery, the movement scratches the metal bed,
it takes space that you need to slide your camper in the bed, in my case I have about 1/2 in. Spare on each side.
I added a rubbert mat that I bought at an auto part store for about $80.00
I put a electrical white tape in the center and put a small black piece in the middle front of the camper to help backing straight
Gaetan
Gaetan St-Hilaire
2004 silverado 4/4 2500HD long box Duramax/Allison
2003 everest 323k
2003 northernlite ten 2000 rd

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think the point is that drop in bed liners are extremely slick. If you have a rubber mat on top, you should be good. Worst case is you break the drop in bed liner.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

petoworx
Explorer
Explorer
thanks forest! i hope you and i are not the only ones...pete