cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camper storage pole barn.

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
I finally broke down and had a new pole barn put up to store the camper and other toys in.
Its 24x40x16 with a 14x16 garage door.

20 REPLIES 20

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
Tim,
What kind of footings did you need for the pole barn? I've been fighting with metal carport companies trying to get something similar built. I hadn't thought about a pole barn solution. Thanks for the idea.

They just drilled the holes and put concrete disks in the bottom then set the the poles on top and filled the holes back in

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Tim,
What kind of footings did you need for the pole barn? I've been fighting with metal carport companies trying to get something similar built. I hadn't thought about a pole barn solution. Thanks for the idea.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

cleary
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:
Nice but I do not understand why you need to put your camper in a building. Mine is weatherproof and built to be outside. Instead I would use the space for a workshop or other purposes.

JimK,

Our camper has never been winterized because we keep it in a heated garage. The sun can do a lot of damage to the exposed surfaces. We cover all of our toys, snowmobiles and 4-wheelers when not in use for this reason.

Daniel,

Don't forget one of these before or when you pour your slab. Nothing like a warm dry place to dump your tanks.

Chuck

2006 F-350, 4X4, Crew Cab, V-10, Torqshift, Dually. 2008 Okanagan 106UDB. Both 4-wheelers and snowmobiles. KL7AY Our website

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimK-NY wrote:
Dicor and Geocel Proflex last for many years.

Absolutely. But it lasts many years longer when kept under roof.
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
DWeikert wrote:
JimK-NY wrote:
Nice but I do not understand why you need to put your camper in a building. Mine is weatherproof and built to be outside. Instead I would use the space for a workshop or other purposes.

Living in NY you should understand how freeze/thaw cycles damage joints. A small crack in the sealant of a joint can have water intrusion. That water freezes and expands the crack. The water thaws and the now larger crack refills. The water freezes and the crack gets even larger...

Likewise UV exposure from the summer sun degrades many surfaces, from that joint sealant to the EPDM roof.

To timdan94: Nice! Is a concrete floor in the plans or do you plan to stay with the stone floor?

Dicor and Geocel Proflex last for many years.

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great.

Paul

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
fredandkathy wrote:
I built the same size about 8 years ago when I got tired of paying storage fees for the winters. I wish I had built it a bit bigger. I have my MH, boat, 2 farm tractors and a log splitter. It has gotten quite full. I also put 100 amp electric service in it so that I can precool the fridge befor a trip. I think that keeping the MH inside is easier on the roof and tires since I plan to keep this wone for the long haul.

I wanted to go bigger but I barely had room for that. You can never have enough storage.

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
Wagonqueen Truckster wrote:
That is awesome. I just bought 5 acres of land and want to put one if these up for my old TC. Since there us no foundation is a building permit required? Approx how much was this? Did you buy a kit?

I had a place out of Lancaster Pa build it for me. In my township the only permit needed was a zoning permit. it was $15500 without concrete which I'm going to be putting in here myself along with crete heat panels in the floor and pex. I will eventually insulate it and put a boiler in it.

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
JimK-NY wrote:

Living in NY you should understand how freeze/thaw cycles damage joints. A small crack in the sealant of a joint can have water intrusion. That water freezes and expands the crack. The water thaws and the now larger crack refills. The water freezes and the crack gets even larger...

Likewise UV exposure from the summer sun degrades many surfaces, from that joint sealant to the EPDM roof.

To timdan94: Nice! Is a concrete floor in the plans or do you plan to stay with the stone floor?
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
JimK-NY wrote:

The sun/wind/weather still take a toll on ANYTHING. Our Class C led a pampered life, living indoors when stored - and it looked brand new when we sold it after 10 years of fun. Now, my silly little camper lives indoors 🙂

To the OP: one can never have enough barn. 😉
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
looks great. I see the mice having a nice warm spot for the winter.

fredandkathy
Explorer
Explorer
I built the same size about 8 years ago when I got tired of paying storage fees for the winters. I wish I had built it a bit bigger. I have my MH, boat, 2 farm tractors and a log splitter. It has gotten quite full. I also put 100 amp electric service in it so that I can precool the fridge befor a trip. I think that keeping the MH inside is easier on the roof and tires since I plan to keep this wone for the long haul.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nice! Thanks for sharing.
I'm sure you're the envy of many RV.Net members today. (myself included)