cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camper type wood burning stove for home...

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
To clarify, I am not intending to put one in my camper (I do not have one anymore...)

...but, I recall an article or topic post some years ago about an upscale camper (I think it was a TC) that had a very modern, sleek and efficient wood burner it it. I am trying to find that post or article to investigate to perhaps install one of those for my house renovation.

As I recall, the stove was cylindrically tall and somewhat small for the heat it was able to generate.

I think it was manufactured by a company from Northern Europe(?) and was not cheap.

Does anyone recall that stove that I am trying to describe?

ON EDIT:
changed subject line
07 apr 21/ 1548 mst
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.
28 REPLIES 28

Denrclif
Explorer II
Explorer II

The Morso 1410 Fireplace Oven is indeed a great option for those seeking a stylish, efficient, and durable wood burning stove. Its cylindrical design, coupled with its cast iron construction, provides both aesthetic appeal and exceptional heating performance. I also use a Tola tent stove. After multiple uses, I am very impressed with this stove. I like it very much.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
I'm cornfused about the staunch disapproval of this method of heat for RV use from a theoretical standpoint, if properly installed.

Sure. When you install it with 1 foot clearance all around, I don't see the problem neither.

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
As a retired Petroleum Engineer and a coal miners son, I don't chop, split or burn wood, except to get the coal going, so sell the wood to others and burn good stuff for yourself.

Seriously, a sheepherder type is best. You can keep a pot of beans slowly cooking all day, while staying warm. For high tech titanium see titanium.

Others make a real sheepherder in titanium, but I would use cast iron, unless you are moving it around. If you keep the top clean, you can do pancakes without the pan, right on the stove.

Always keep the stove pipe and chimney clean.!!!

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to improve burning eficiency of a stove buy or build yourself a Rocket stove,

,caution the burning chamber will get hot enough to melt iron so should be properly insulated with material resistant to such temperatures

https://youtu.be/nvlOelD5HOE

Tiny rocket stove
https://youtu.be/qIPbTg9DEuA

This
Super insulating stuff made from comon ingredients might come in handy

https://youtu.be/aqR4_UoBIzY

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well that went mostly as per usual.......
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
One thing brother did not get when he bought his TT was the factory installed wood stove.
I lived a couple years with wood as my only heat source. A small office that was not used much in winter, put in a small wood stove. What I did not think about was how small the wood had to be cut to fit in stove. And small wood will not keep a fire very long without messing with

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
Burned wood in our house for a few decades. A few years ago we switched to a Harman XXV pellet stove.
The only advantages the wood stove had for us was it was really to cheap to run and quieter. We much prefer the pellet stove.

Here is good place to research wood and pellet stoves. Hearth

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
KKELLER14K wrote:
NO! and WhY?... A camper is not a tent, It is not a lean to....it just sounds like a really bad idea. Tiny house maybe but finding wood to burn and causing a forest fire....or having to haul wood to burn....not efficient. LPG is the way, heat, fire ring, cooking, running the jenny....come om man!!

Wow, such conviction. Regardless of the OP planning on home use.
Aside from efforts of wood gathering/hauling/cutting, I'm cornfused about the staunch disapproval of this method of heat for RV use from a theoretical standpoint, if properly installed.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Since this has switched to your home I would install a Blaze King wood stove, they are awesome in smaller rooms since you can run them slow and low with the automatic air regulator it makes burning wood a breeze. Plus they qualify for the tax credits since they burn so clean.

https://www.blazeking.com/category/products/wood-stoves/
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen wood stoves put in motorhomes/fivers/travel trailers and truck campers and I put an old true sheepherders stove in a 20ft TT..None were these new little stoves,just small cast iron or whatever..Wood is free and abundant around here..

I went through the top center vent with my pipe/most went out a window and a few through the roof,permanently installed..Most also were put in place via one side of the dinette set then out the window..Quick setup and tear down..

Not much room in my TC to run one up through the vent and I do not want to take out part of the dinette..I heat my house almost 100% with firewood and it's fun in the summer to go get it..
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think a pellet stove would be far easier to install. The bonus is that they can be wall mounted, some models have tiny exhaust pipes through the wall, and can use a programmable thermostat to run at a predetermined time. We just need someone to make a small enough one. 😄

Also, most states have laws against transporting wood across state lines, so that makes wood someone limiting just to find fuel.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Chuck_and_Di
Explorer
Explorer
This one looks interesting... mini wood stove

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
KKELLER14K wrote:
NO! and WhY?... A camper is not a tent, It is not a lean to....it just sounds like a really bad idea. Tiny house maybe but finding wood to burn and causing a forest fire....or having to haul wood to burn....not efficient. LPG is the way, heat, fire ring, cooking, running the jenny....come om man!!

Reading comprehension at its finest... Did you actually make it past the subject header?

I'm sorry, but as you said yourself... come om man!!

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II