cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I hook up my grill to the propane quick connect?

yankeeslover
Explorer
Explorer
sorry if this is a dumb question, this is the grill that I use.. I have a seasonal site this year. this takes the small propane cylndars but my camper also has a propane quick connect in the rear..how do I hook this grill up to the propane quick connect?

http://www.coleman.com/product/roadtrip-grill-lxe/2000005493?contextCategory=27110#.UzyBtk1OWAh
13 REPLIES 13

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a Nexgrill (Model 820-0007B) from Costco because of price and features. One thing I liked was that the gas pressure regulator was external and could be easily removed. My trailer has a low pressure propane quick disconnect outlet. I ordered a Camco (P/N 57282) 10' hose and a Camco (P/N 59903) quick disconnect fitting from Amazon.

The following photo shows the 3/8 flair fitting coupler, 3/8 flair to 1/4" NPT elbow, 1/4" NPT coupler, and the 1/4" NPT quick disconnect that I got from Amazon.

I'm looking forward to some great outdoor cooked meals.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is what I did for our Coleman Road Trip grill.

Yellow cap on end of quick connect keeps dirt out.

Removed the end fitting off the Coleman regulator and used some readily available fittings to connect directly to the grill. I later added a 90 degree elbow at the grill end of the hose to relieve stress on the hose.

When connecting a grill to a low pressure line under a TT, you need to remove the grill's regulator since two in series won't work. I recommend keeping the hose as short as possible to minimize pressure drop.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I just use the bottle filler adaptor and refill the green bottles out of my TT tank.

bigcitypopo
Explorer
Explorer
here is mine

clicky right hee-a
2014 RAM 2500 BigHorn CrewCab 4x2 ShortBox, 6.7L CTD
2014 Keystone Springdale 294bhssrwe - Hensley Arrow!
The best wife, 2 kids and a bunch of fun

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here are some photos of how forum member Jetter68 did the mod on his Coleman LXE grill to attach to his quick connect:

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
yankeeslover wrote:
...how do I hook this grill up to the propane quick connect?

Here is another option,(from forum members Gene&Ginny) but it uses an air hose and hose clamps. I believe the previous option (the one shown in the video in the previous post) is a better solution. But I thought I'd show this one as a second alternative.
Hose Clamp Option

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not a dumb question at all. In fact, an excellent question!

The regular solutions that work for a quick connect on most other grills will NOT work for the Coleman LXE, because it has proprietary fittings that none of the off-the-shelf adapters will fit.
Fortunately, an enterprising forum member (Jeter68) posted a solution about 1/2 year ago on this very forum. Forum clicky
He also made a a youtube video that shows exactly how to do it and what parts are needed. Youtube clicky

Great solution. I hope you find it helpful.
I have ordered the parts and will be making the adapter this week.
I also ordered another regulator piece from coleman so I can use either my quick connector or the small propane bottle based on the camping situation.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
yankeeslover wrote:
sorry if this is a dumb question, this is the grill that I use.. I have a seasonal site this year. this takes the small propane cylndars but my camper also has a propane quick connect in the rear..how do I hook this grill up to the propane quick connect?

http://www.coleman.com/product/roadtrip-grill-lxe/2000005493?contextCategory=27110#.UzyBtk1OWAh

All you need is this

toaobigal
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using the quick connect on my TT for 2 years, no problem. I'm seasonal too, so the fitting doesn't really get dirty. I adapted my Q 100 grill (removed the regulator) with a 15 foot hose, works like a charm.
2011 Dutchmen 277RLS

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Generally the quick connects are for a RV-Q grill, and are low pressure. Most will even have a label stating RV-Q.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Our friend recommended use to not use quick connect. He said they are prone to get dirty and leak. ?????

Itchey_Feet
Explorer
Explorer
Depends if the quick connect is high pressure, (not thru a regulater) or low pressure (has been piped thru a regulater). On mine the hose comes off prior to the regulater so I need the regulater that came with the portable grill. JMHO
My feet are fine as long as they are traveling.

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
You have to remove the regulator from your grill and adapt it for your hose.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers