cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cape Cod

Coastal_Wandere
Explorer
Explorer
We are traveling up to Cape Cod later this month. Can anyone recommend their favorite camping spots up there. We plan to be there for 4 or 5 days exploring. Thank you!
15 REPLIES 15

johnhealey1776
Explorer
Explorer
av8rds i had it in the back of my mind that it was you, those flags looked familiar! We only spent Friday night out that far, as my niece has made friends with some kids who camp around trail two. K Mac, the beach is always very busy, I don't think a few like minded forum members will hurt anything. They sell the Off Road Vehicle passes at the gate house. Here is all the info they have about it.

http://www.town.barnstable.ma.us/SandyNeckPark/ORVBeach/orvhome.aspx

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
johnhealey1776 wrote:
Hey, If anyone hits up Sandy neck, let me know! Ill come visit and bring beer and firewood if you want company. Sandy neck is open all year, and I think you could camp on it most of that time if you have an ORV pass.
Hey John where can I search for the ORV pass. Hope you don't get in trouble for sharing your piece of paradise.

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer

Not from the same weekend as the pic above. I tried to find one with Johns camper but no luck!
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
johnhealey1776 wrote:

HA! John thats me and my group in the back of your photo!!
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy

johnhealey1776
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, If anyone hits up Sandy neck, let me know! Ill come visit and bring beer and firewood if you want company. Sandy neck is open all year, and I think you could camp on it most of that time if you have an ORV pass.

Coastal_Wandere
Explorer
Explorer
John and jefe, you are talking my language. Thank you everyone for your input. Much appreciated.

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
You boys have me drooling over Sandy Neck. Does it have an open and close date during the year? On our projected 16 week, clockwise, circumnavigation of the U.S. Boundary States (Sept 1st to New Years Day) we are planning on camping ON every beach that will have us. Why? Because we can. Can we qualify even without presenting the stars and stripes on a flagpole? 8<)
Our list of camp-able beach sand is growing.
thanks for the tip.
regards. as always, jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

johnhealey1776
Explorer
Explorer
Sandy neck is the reason I own a TC.

http://www.town.barnstable.ma.us/SandyNeckPark/ORVBeach/orvhome.aspx

johnhealey1776
Explorer
Explorer

johnhealey1776
Explorer
Explorer
Sandy Neck in Barnstable!

If you have 4x4, bring a tow strap, jack, boards and shovel and if you can swing the 60$ for a sticker and 16$ per night, Sandy neck and the beaches on the outer cape are by far the best camping out there. Camp right on the beach! You'll need to air down to get on the beach, and air back up to go exploring though. Its not the easiest camping, but its a wonderful experience.

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Nickerson State Park in Brewster is nice for dry camping - centrally located to visit the National Seashore, etc. Scussett Beach has w/e hookups, a lot of open (not shady) sites. Not as convenient to visit the Cape itself - since you need to cross the canal bridges each time. Both are nice, tho! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

K9Sailors
Explorer
Explorer
About ten years ago, we had an enjoyable stay at Shady Knoll CG in Brewster. It is close to the Cape Code Rail Trail.

Shady Knoll CG

SubVet
Explorer
Explorer
We enjoyed Atlantic Oaks a couple years ago as well.

Always check if the campground allows ground fires, if you care about having a campfire. Some that I'd like to stay at, closer to the National Seashore near Provincetown, do not.
2014 Wolf Creek 840 on 2013 Ford F-350 Regular Cab
Frequently towing a modified 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Scusset SP is upper Cape...right on the beach at the end of the canal. Nice spot, if you can get in. Good striper fishing here. 2 hrs East is Nickerson SP, big park. Good spot to see the outer Cape from (Cape Cod National Sea Shore, Race Point,etc).

You might book a couple of days at each to minimize driving around a lot. There's plenty to explore from each.

PM if you want more deets. We live right next to the Cape, in fact my Wife is down there for 2 weeks with the camper...

Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson