cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CARFAX Urgent Recall info.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
Serious stuff for some. Old news for some but not all.

https://www.carfax.com/blog/urgent-recalls

None of my 3 dodge ram 1500s including two older rams are on the list so I am good to go. No takatas or fire issues for me. Cheers to the 4 Rs.
15 REPLIES 15

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
cummins2014 wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Both Camping World and Carfax are successful thriving businesses that has provided me and many others with valuable services and products for decades. I was also member of GS and enjoyed their many benefits. They are still in business while others have fallen to the wayside. Too bad.

In 2003 I bought a late model R Vision Trail Cruiser TT from Camping world at a good price and with no serious issues for over 15 years. Their service, attitude and price was great. I sold the TT for a good price to Burning Man dealer in Nevada. Adios amigo old paint.

Carfax has also been accurate and valuable for me for 4 trucks over the years and at no cost to me. If you have negative opinions about these fine companies then that is _____ hombres. Fortunate son here.

As Grit said , this thread of yours has accomplished nothing other than stirring the pot ,or added anything of value .

That is your opinion sour grapes and means nothing to me and like elbows everybody has one. I do feel sorry for you tho. God Bless.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Both Camping World and Carfax are successful thriving businesses that has provided me and many others with valuable services and products for decades. I was also member of GS and enjoyed their many benefits. They are still in business while others have fallen to the wayside. Too bad.

In 2003 I bought a late model R Vision Trail Cruiser TT from Camping world at a good price and with no serious issues for over 15 years. Their service, attitude and price was great. I sold the TT for a good price to Burning Man dealer in Nevada. Adios amigo old paint.

Carfax has also been accurate and valuable for me for 4 trucks over the years and at no cost to me. If you have negative opinions about these fine companies then that is _____ hombres. Fortunate son here.

As Grit said , this thread of yours has accomplished nothing other than stirring the pot ,or added anything of value .

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
FishOnOne wrote:
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Cheers to free speech.

Grit dog was exercising his free speech.

Speaking of free speech I would also like to share that Dodge/Ram has the largest most expensive penalty to date on their front suspension recalls. Not sure if this issue has been completely resolved to date.

So was I Sherlock. Ford has had their share of serious issues including the new lighting so has GM, etc., etc. Brand bashing is old and boring but since you started it..... My post and comment did not bash any brands but now you had to go and lick the salt block Mr. Moo.

I do want to thank you and dirty dog and others like you for being generous taxpayers and funding my many frequent camping and fishing trips in the great scenic and coastal PNW. Life is good.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Cheers to free speech.

Grit dog was exercising his free speech.

Speaking of free speech I would also like to share that Dodge/Ram has the largest most expensive penalty to date on their front suspension recalls. Not sure if this issue has been completely resolved to date.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
dirty dog as usual your insult obsession with my safety post shows you continue to be small minded as always. You are the one stirring the pot Mr. Hypocrite with your comment to my post and your many other comments on this forum.

I found the important information to be useful to me for any future purchase of a vehicle and piece of mind for my current trucks. None of my ACCURATE Carfax reports cost me a dime.

On other RV forums the OPs who post same recall report are given thanks for their information but not here. Says something about the poor qua but no surprise.

You and others ignore the fact that the carfax recall report has been verified by other auto and business news sources. You don't like the report then go stick your head in a sand barrel. Cheers to free speech.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
mike-uswest wrote:
I have a 2019 RAM 2500 diesel with a factory safety recall for the high pressure fuel pump and the local ram dealer says they are getting the replacements in about once a week, with over 200 on the waiting list, I will be waiting for several years to get it. I will be lucky to live that long.

Mike

Sorry to hear about you and your truck.
Hindsight being 20/20 I still canโ€™t understand how so many people went out and bought those timebombs. Proves most must know virtually nothing about automobiles.
But moreso, feel bad that youโ€™ve been letting yourself get jerked around for so long by Chrysler.
But whatโ€™s your point? Itโ€™s not even on the silly โ€œlistโ€ that Nam postedโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Simmer down, all. OP ainโ€™t even talking aboot carfax reports. He just posted some clickbait cra p that has carfaxโ€™s name on it.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe I'm just skeptical but I just assume Carfax report is like a lot of products sold in this country; Designed to sell, not to use.
If there is no legal penalty for errors in the report, what would cause me to expect the report to be right?

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was in the auto\insurance business
for 30 years . Carfax reports are wrong as many times as they are correct !

mike-uswest
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2019 RAM 2500 diesel with a factory safety recall for the high pressure fuel pump and the local ram dealer says they are getting the replacements in about once a week, with over 200 on the waiting list, I will be waiting for several years to get it. I will be lucky to live that long.

Mike
2019 Ram 2500 TCD, 4X4,
Arctic Fox 25Y 30'

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have found carfax reports to be accurate and reliable on at least 3 dodge ram trucks I have purchased over many years. I am a fortunate son.

I have seen this same urgent recall information posted on other business sites. Happy trails to you.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
To be fair I don't think they ever claimed to be 100% accurate, because it requires participation from entities beyond their control. Perhaps the service writer or the owners of the dealership where you had your truck maintained had the same attitude about carfax as you do?

That one with the three doors of other colors sounds like "under the table" dealings to me. They fixed it with junkyard doors and didn't report it to the insurance company.

I've never purchased a carfax report with the idea that it was all-encompassing, and have no idea why anyone would. It's just a tool, and better than being totally in the dark. Pretty sure they offer a money-back guarantee if they're wrong. You just have to ask for it.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Serious stuff for some. Old news for some but not all.

https://www.carfax.com/blog/urgent-recalls

None of my 3 dodge ram 1500s including two older rams are on the list so I am good to go. No takatas or fire issues for me. Cheers to the 4 Rs.

If youโ€™re stirring the pot, thatโ€™s sad that you have nothing better to do.
If you believe in what youโ€™re posting, thatโ€™s sad youโ€™re having these issues.