cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clip On Tow Mirrors

harryjr
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a 2016 Tundra 5.7 Double Cab w/ tow package, but no tow mirrors. I only have a inch or two clearance on either side with the garage door, so I'd rather not switch to permanent towing mirrors. Anybody have any recommendation for clip-on tow mirrors that can be removed when not towing? Thanks.
Harry Jr.
Southeastern CT
28 REPLIES 28

atwowheelguy
Explorer
Explorer
I have been very satisfied with my K Source clip ons. Easy on and off and good vision. This is the Tundra version.
$43 at Summit
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ksc-81300/applications/
2013 F150 XLT SCrew 5.5' 3.5 EB, 3.55, 2WD, 1607# Payload, EAZ Lift WDH
Toy Hauler: 2010 Fun Finder XT-245, 5025# new, 6640-7180# loaded, 900# TW, Voyager wireless rear view camera
Toys: '66 Super Hawk, XR400R, SV650, XR650R, DL650 V-Strom, 525EXC, 500EXC

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I've had CIPA slip on mirrors and the rubber strap mirrors. I feel confident saying that the vibration people report is simply amplification of their OEM mirror's vibration. Also if the add-on mirror is slightly convex, the vibration is minimized. The CIPA slide mirrors on my old F150 were unusable due to vibration, until I covered the mirror with an inexpensive convex mirror from the local parts store. On the other hand, the rubber strap clip on mirrors I use on my new Ram, are rock solid, with no vibration what so ever.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

penguin149
Explorer
Explorer
I chose the Aero 2 when I was towing with my Nissan Frontier. Couldn't find CIPAs to fit. Glad I did because I traded trucks a few months later and the Aero 2s stayed with me! If you get something more universal, you can keep 'em after you trade trucks!

Aero 2

If you shop around, you can get these for about $90, delivered.
2021 Nissan Titan Pro-4X 5.6L V8 4WD - 2019 Keystone Bullet 243BHS

kvangil
Explorer
Explorer
I've used the K Source strap-on tow mirrors with a ratcheting system. 3 years towing with these now and there is no vibration.
2004 Jayco X23b
2005 Nissan Pathfinder LE 4x4

IDoMyOwnStunts
Explorer
Explorer
They are more expensive, but have you considered a installing a camera system on your trailer?
I'm done. This isn't a place to be helpful. It's a place where curmudgeons with a superiority complex will nit pick everything. If you want help, go elsewhere. Admin, delete my account please.

tcp
Explorer
Explorer
CIPA. No vibes. if your mirror is painted, the possibility of scratching them exists while sliding them on/off.
2005 Bantam Flyer F-18 - sold
2010 Funfinder 189FDS
2009 XLT (XTR pkg) supercrew 5.4l 6sp 6.5ft bed.
102k miles, Raider Topper, Ride Rite airbags, Ford well liners, 5Star SCT Tune, NGK Iridium IX plugs, Bilstein 5100s all around.

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
I bought in on the McKeesh hype and regretted it. They had to be readjusted every time you shut the door, the straps had to be tightened when it rained, the bottom hook of the strap beat the paint off the door sill, they were a huge pain to store when not in use, the parts to the spot mirror rusted. Did I mention I hated them?

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I had (still have) a set of McKesh mirrors I used on my Envoy and was happy with them.
The F150 has a set of CIPA slip-on mirrors, and I like them also. The CIPA's are easier to store when not in use.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

ritterjw
Explorer
Explorer
I have used CIPA mirrors for the last five years with no problems. I have a F150 with turn signals in the mirror. They do make a minor to fit the turn signals for my truck.

I would like to factory tow mirrors but I don't want to pay the price they want for them. I don't think any clip on mirrors are as good as factory mirror.

shepstone
Explorer
Explorer
I used this style for many years
2017 F350 Ruby Red Super Cab Dually 6.7 3.55 gears. B&W Companion 25K. BackRack. Gatorback mud guards. AUX65FCBRG aux tank. 2021 GD 380fl
2010 GMC Savanna 3500 extended 6.0

dhust
Explorer
Explorer
I had a problem with the CIPA strap on mirrors staying on my passenger side. I had an Expedition with the turn signal below the mirror (an thus no slip on ones were available to fit that mirror). I tried everything I could think of, from the CIPA, to the suction cup ones. The Aero were the only ones that would stay since they clamp onto the mirror frame. The Aero mirrors are rock steady too. All of the other ones I use vibrated very bad. So much so that I was ready to give up having a mirror on the passenger side since I couldn't see anything anyways. I LOVE using the Aero mirrors, and wished I had started out with them. I thought I could get by cheaper. It was definitely worth the expense to get the Aero.

nofoolin
Explorer
Explorer
I have the CIPA also. No vibration. Easy on and off. No marking or rub spots in about 3000 miles. Would buy again.

Earl_E
Explorer
Explorer
CIPA. NO vibration. Easy on and off.
2007 Northwoods Arctic Fox 32 5S Fifth Wheel used for fulltiming for several years--SOLD
2014 Sunnybrook 26rl to poke around the smaller parks in the great Southwest
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Diesel
Prodigy brake control

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
My next mirrors will be Aero 2's...easy on and easy off.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

It’s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~