cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Comments on Heartland RV?

JustLabs
Explorer
Explorer
My buddy is researching his first RV purchase. He and his family like the Wilderness 3150 DS.

Can anyone comment on Heartland's quality,customer service, etc.?
2011 Chevrolet 2500HD LTZ 4x4 CCLB Duramax/Allison
2007 Keystone Cougar 289BHS Fifth Wheel.
5 REPLIES 5

NorthTrail23
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Heartland North Trail. Like most trailers there have been issues but both Heartland and our dealer have been great and addressed all problems. Based on what weve seen at numerous RV shows and our friends experiences with other brands, Id rate North Trail above avg. It would be in the 'better' category in the good-better-best test.
Terry, Sindee and Ranger
Ontario, CAN
2014 Heartland North Trail 23rbs
2016 Ram Big Horn

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Heartland Trail Runner. We're very happy with the layout and the trailer itself but as previously mentioned, the dealer is as important if not more important than the trailer manufacturer. We've only really had one issue and can't seem to get it fixed. The king slide out squeals terribly. I'm not talking about the normal squeal that can be quieted by using the slide lubes that are on the market. I mean an ear piercing, head turning squeal. I've had it in to the dealer 3 separate times for repair and they can't seem to fix it. It's in alignment and it's been lubed numerous times. We live with it but thought I would mention it to help you make a decision.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
We had a bighorn Silverado FW and had an issue a month after the warranty was up. Above both back opposing slides the exterior was cracking. Dealer gave us 2 options, $600 to cover it up and $2500+ to tear it apart and see what's causing the problem, third party would do the body work. I did neither instead tried to get heartland to step up, as did the dealer. Both of us got same result nowhere. I traded it for a grand design.

peoples1234
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Cruiser MPG 3130WS, which is made by Heartland. Haven't had it too long, but no real issues. Minor things that I have fixed on my own. During PDI, the heat wasn't working, but it was just a loose connection.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
We had a Heartland North Trail for 4 years. We'd still have it if I hadn't shown DW the floor plan for the Grand Design we bought.........

It wasn't a bad trailer. Never had any major issues but the dealer makes all the difference. They gave me a list on the issues they found and fixed before we did the PDI and took delivery. Owners on the Heartland forum are generally happy with their units and factory support.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......