cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cooking Grill Transportation

Snowtraxx
Explorer
Explorer
Curious as to what everyone does with their grill while traveling? We have a Weber Q1000 grill that rides on the floor of the camper, I would like to get it outside and out of the way. Figured I would post and see what everyone else is doing? Pictures would be great!
27 REPLIES 27

languiduck
Explorer
Explorer
I haul mine on the front receiver.

But on this last trip the ceramic fire ring inside broke. It'll be covered under warranty but it appears the ride up front is too harsh for it.
2006 F250
Palomino Bronco 800

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
okay, back towards the OP's topic. Several mentioned using an insulated snuff out bag. Exactly what is one? suggested brands or sources?
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
WVbassmistress wrote:
Boatycall!!!!
Holy Cow! - Literally!! Where you headed next??? I'll meet you there.

use the experienced bass fishing approach, I think he might go for the fresh fish idea.

Maybe BC is accepting applications for the "groups of friends" foundation . 🙂

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boatycall wrote:
WVbassmistress wrote:
Boatycall...what kind of interest rate did you get to buy the prime rib? I fixed that once for Christmas dinner for the family and I am still paying for it!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done, sir!! (actually I prefer medium rare)

It was only 32Lbs... Two 16lb cuts.

And I can tell you--- OMG, if you have not had Prime Rib done on a Traeger.. OMG. Did I say OMG?

Ya, with the rolling BBQ hauler, I was the Pitmaster for the week. But it was all pre-planned and everybody chipped in for everything. We did chicken, then ribs, then pulled pork, and the grand finale was the prime rib.
And then the last night was leftover night....

Please PM me next camping destination/date.
Tx, Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
WVbassmistress wrote:
Boatycall...what kind of interest rate did you get to buy the prime rib? I fixed that once for Christmas dinner for the family and I am still paying for it!!!!!!!!!!!

It was only 32Lbs... Two 16lb cuts.

And I can tell you--- OMG, if you have not had Prime Rib done on a Traeger.. OMG. Did I say OMG?

Ya, with the rolling BBQ hauler, I was the Pitmaster for the week. But it was all pre-planned and everybody chipped in for everything. We did chicken, then ribs, then pulled pork, and the grand finale was the prime rib.
And then the last night was leftover night....
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer

Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Boatycall wrote:
I have a BBQ hauler. I keep my Traeger in there, a 5-burner Charbroil BBQ, and a big Costco 3-burner camp stove, plus a couple of tables.
Just came back from a trip to Coos Bay, OR with a big group of friends.

(And yes, if you look inside the door, that really is a full size house fridge)

PUT ON YER BIBS, HERE COME THE RIBS!!
(This was as they just got put on in the morning for an 9-hour cook @180 degrees)

And this was Prime Rib night..... Just as I'm prepping the rub the night before.

(I know this one's a little wide for the rules, but it didn't look good shrunk down to 640)

Sweet Mother of Hickory!!!
The BBQ gods have blessed you.

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
+!
Me Too!!
I'll even bring the napkins!

WVbassmistress
Explorer
Explorer
Boatycall!!!!
Holy Cow! - Literally!! Where you headed next??? I'll meet you there.
Lisa, Bobby & Dorothy the Wonder Dog
2013 F250 crew cab/6/5 foot bed w/
Firestone airbags
2006 KZ Jag - 29 ft
Ranger Z518
22 ft Suntracker Pontoon

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
I have a BBQ hauler. I keep my Traeger in there, a 5-burner Charbroil BBQ, and a big Costco 3-burner camp stove, plus a couple of tables.
Just came back from a trip to Coos Bay, OR with a big group of friends.

(And yes, if you look inside the door, that really is a full size house fridge)

PUT ON YER BIBS, HERE COME THE RIBS!!
(This was as they just got put on in the morning for an 9-hour cook @180 degrees)

And this was Prime Rib night..... Just as I'm prepping the rub the night before.

(I know this one's a little wide for the rules, but it didn't look good shrunk down to 640)
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have a Weber Go-Anywhere Gas Grill. It goes in my side compartment with the the propane bottles.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
It fits in the camper storage space.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
“The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

Reelescape1
Explorer
Explorer
pando2 wrote:
I put it in a storage bin and carry it on the back seat of the truck. The bin is airtight so no greasy cooling smells.

Same here with small Weber charcoal grill. The bin holds it, charcoal, and all accys.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I tow a 7x14 enclosed utility trailer for all that stuff.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.