cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

HedoTravelers
Explorer
Explorer
TMBLSN wrote:
milzat wrote:
The propane tank colors pertains to the tank itself, NOT the tank cover(s).

???

Black absorbs heat (the entire wave length spectrum). You want the sun to reflect heat.

Light colors only appear to be colors. They are actually reflecting all light wave lengths. If you see blue, that means that the object absorbs all light wave lengths except blue.

Black indicates that all light wave lengths are absorbed. Light wave lengths contain energy. When that energy is stopped (absorbed by dark colors), heat is the by-product.

Agreed.
Respect,
Brent

TV ~
Searching for diesel TV, Prodigy
Rig ~
Keystone Montana 3400RL
Selling 2010 Keystone Passport 256RLS

"Wherever you go, there you are"

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
milzat wrote:

???

Black absorbs heat (the entire wave length spectrum). You want the sun to reflect heat.

Light colors only appear to be colors. They are actually reflecting all light wave lengths. If you see blue, that means that the object absorbs all light wave lengths except blue.

Black indicates that all light wave lengths are absorbed. Light wave lengths contain energy. When that energy is stopped (absorbed by dark colors), heat is the by-product.
Lee

KDOG2010
Explorer
Explorer
Another idea I have to help with heat would be to get a hole saw and cut asthetically pleasing holes in the recessed sections of the cover. That should negate any heat build up.
'04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L I6 4spd auto
'09 Kodiak 195 hybrid, 3487lbs empty

Mike_LA
Explorer
Explorer
Mike
--------------------------------------------------------
2006 Chevy Silverado 2500HD CC/LBZ Duramax
2017 Hyper Lite XLR 26HFS

Previous Trailers:
2003 Aerolite 24RK
2006 Rockwood 3115SS TT
2006 Rockwood 8283SS FW
2005 Jayco Talon ZX24E
2012 Sunnybrook 26FBS

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt I'd travel very much south during the summer with the black cover either. If the trailer graphics are black and silver, why not paint the cover silver?
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
sdavis622 wrote:
My latest MOD. Not a big one but we like it! Painted the Propane tank cover black. Goes much better with the black and silver graphics on the trailer.

One coat plastic primer, two coats plastic paint. This is the only pic I have of it though!

If you stay in western Washington, you'll probably be fine. But, I wouldn't take those heat collectors to eastern Washington in the summer.

http://www.propane101.com/propanetankcolor.htm

You should consider yourself lucky that you posted that here, so that you can correct it. Best case scenario, you simply lose propane through the relief valve. Worst case scenario...
Lee

KDOG2010
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. 96 pages of cool mods. My brain hurts....

KDOG2010
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmmmm. I do worry about heat build up. However I like the look. Maybe you could cut more vents in them to reduce heat. You could also use the black one for winter and get another white one for summer use.

HedoTravelers
Explorer
Explorer
I thought they were white to help reduce heat buildup from the sun.
They do look nice though.
Respect,
Brent

TV ~
Searching for diesel TV, Prodigy
Rig ~
Keystone Montana 3400RL
Selling 2010 Keystone Passport 256RLS

"Wherever you go, there you are"

sdavis622
Explorer
Explorer
My latest MOD. Not a big one but we like it! Painted the Propane tank cover black. Goes much better with the black and silver graphics on the trailer.

One coat plastic primer, two coats plastic paint. This is the only pic I have of it though!
2020 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi
2020 Alpha Wolf 26DBH-L

lc-12
Explorer
Explorer
ttt for a great thread! Let's keep this one going!

travisej
Explorer
Explorer
mph_medic wrote:

Had a Car muffler put on Generator for a quite nights sleep

Thats cool. How much more quiet is it?

mph_medic
Explorer
Explorer
yes just the fabric for $ 129 free shipping... they said the can cut almost any size and different awnings.. real nice to work with.. I saw a lot on Ebay for twice as much and over $400 from local dealer..so for my budget it was perfect..
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the Paramedics...

2000 Windsport 34K

toprudder
Explorer
Explorer
mph_medic wrote:
Ok guys I have been on Ebay again and just added a NEW awning..Got it for $129 Free shipping.. A 19' awning..great improvement...

Was this just the replacement fabric for an existing awning?
Bob, Martha, and Matt.
Tucker, the Toy Poodle
'09 K-Z MXT20, '07 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Toprudder.com

mph_medic
Explorer
Explorer
Thie link is http://stores.ebay.com/Shade-Pro-Rv-Accessories

Great service, they walked me through the install and makes my TT look new..
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the Paramedics...

2000 Windsport 34K