cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

Maxtor
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rims Learjet......have to ask, what's that TMPS in the last pic?

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
(HWT Series 06 Rims) + (Maxxis ST tires) + (Dill TPMS) = :B on the way. Got the rims on special for $66.45 out the door. :B

update when installed. *edit rims updated, due to order issue.

Rims:

Tires:

TPMS:

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
Why Thanks!

Signed another huge Cardinals Fan!
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator

DURAFITZ
Explorer
Explorer
THedges wrote:
This is a generator box I made. I have an surprisingly strong bumper that holds 2 spares & the Genny Box:

I kind of the like the spare tire cover mod.

Signed, Huge Cardinal Fan
2006 Chevy 2500HD LBZ Duramax/Allison CCSB LT3 4X4
2008 Starcaft Aruba 308DBS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer WD hitch

Anthony21403
Explorer
Explorer
Was looking for new sheets for my Coachman and found these:

Short Queen Sheets

and

Short Queen Bedding

They also have other sizes for RVs, dorm beds, day beds, etc. . . Just click the link for bedding and you can find the bedding by size. I am in the process of ordering me a down alternative topper and a set of flannel sheets.
MSG Tony, USAF, 20+ years
Back from my 6 month "Summer in the Sand" Vacation

ut_pupcamper
Explorer
Explorer
Love the fireplace Rob! I have been thinking about doing the same thing in mine. Under the TV there is a cabinet that is so shallow that it really isn't good for anything because there are no shelves in it. I have been thinking about taking the doors off and removing the center post and putting a fireplace like yours. I just haven't found the right one and I really like the way yours looks. What brand is it?
Don & Alice

Camping in and around Utah
2013 Rockwood 8286WS Diamond Package 5th Wheel
2003 Ford F350 Lariat Super duty Crew Cab
6 kids 3 grand kids a dog a cat and Titan the killer Chiweenie 🙂

Camping in 2013: 15
Camping in 2012: 19

campin4kids
Explorer
Explorer
Nice Rob8484!
2003 Avalanche
1992 29S Wilderness
Steve 51, Me, Deb 51,
DS 22, DD 19, DD 17, DD 15

Rob8484
Explorer
Explorer
I installed LED strip light on my awning, they work great, it sticks with 3M tape. I wired it up to a switch in the trailer. I just unplug them at the awning roller tube, and they roll right up in the awning, gives off a nice light!

Then I installed some above my slide for some indirect lighting, gives off a nice light inside the trailer.

I had also installed an electric fireplace and a 32" LCD TV

Rob 33(me) Kristi 31(wife) Kenedi 5 (daughter) and our 2 dogs (Molly & Wayne) (RIP Molly)
2008 F250 Super Duty
2008 Forest River Cardinal 33LE
G14 Yamaha golf cart

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Just put in a couple of LED switches below my AC/DC meter. One for my new amber LED step lights and one for my LED running lights. The amber switch is for the steps and red switch for the running lights.

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

AZ_T_T
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished one of the easiest mods I've done so far. I replaced all the foam in the the seats of the wrap around dinette with 4" memory foam. What a difference it makes!
AZ T&T
2012 Jayco Eagle Super Lite 29.5RKS
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4 Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch - Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
Honda EU2000i Generator

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
That would work under our jack knife sofa but that would be less room for beer and my box of wine wouldn't fit! 🙂
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

MegaJohn
Explorer
Explorer
Stock 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 MegaCab, 5.9L Cummins, Automatic, 2WD, Dually
- 30' 2006 Pilgrim Interntional travel trailer, dry weight ~7k pounds, GVWR ~9k pounds
- Husky weight distributing hitch, friction anti-sway control, electronic brake controller

MegaJohn
Explorer
Explorer
Love the drawer... that's a cool idea!

Not applicable for our jack-knife sofa as it's built differently, but still a way cool idea and looks GREAT!

Happy camping!
John.
- 30' 2006 Pilgrim Interntional travel trailer, dry weight ~7k pounds, GVWR ~9k pounds
- Husky weight distributing hitch, friction anti-sway control, electronic brake controller

MegaJohn
Explorer
Explorer

Dennis_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Now I have a project. Thanks. It does look very nice and I hope mine turns out as good as yours. Great idea for storing food in there.