cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

murphysranch
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the face and three tiny drawers that were awkward to get to in our Laredo 296RL. Stuck them on a Lowes cabinet, extended the rear of the cab to get the full drawer length, then added a piece of laminate (from that useless cab in between the recliner chairs) to extend the countertop space.

This needs to be movable as the slide tucks in nicely under the original countertop.

Empty nesters
2 cats
2 cattle dogs too!

pchartrand
Explorer II
Explorer II
When a Blueboy Waste Tank and a BAL Hide-A-Spare meet.

I've been looking for a way to carry my Waste Tank (I have the Barker 32 Gallon). I considered several of the bumper attach methods, but my DW did not care for having a waste tank visible to everyone passing us on the Highway. I have an SUV as my Tow Vehicle, and did not like placing it in there. So I came up with putting the Waste Tank on a BAL Hide-A-Spare. Seems to work just fine, the pictures below don't show the straps, I added them after taking the pictures.

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Duramax)

Gaffer222
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone. I made it a requirement of the deal when I bought the TT.
2007 Ford Expedition Limited w/Tow package & 3.73 Rear end
Equal-i-zer & Prodigy
2015 Keystone Outback Terrain 250TRS
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
dee74 wrote:
Gaffer222 wrote:
Looks familiar,nice job

Here is mine

I already have the doors but no bins. I am definitely getting some at home depot this week.
where did you get doors to match your cabinetry?

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
Gaffer222 wrote:
Looks familiar,nice job

Here is mine

I already have the doors but no bins. I am definitely getting some at home depot this week.

T3rry1
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah i have tinted a couple cars, residential tint is a lot easier because the windows are flat, It's a little less reflective now that it's dried, and you can see through at nihgt, but i am sure it'll help with the heat, i may still do perf vinyl outside, i haven't decided yet.

I just bought the tint from my local graphics supply shop, any place that sells vinyl supplies should have it for a reasonable price, i think it was around $50 CAD for enough to do 4 windows. (there are 2 more windows similar size on the other side of the trailer that i did as well)

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember, the tint is reflective during the day but at night you can see through it...at least ours you can.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

rrev
Explorer
Explorer
I tinted mine too. Made a difference in the summer. I bought the tint off of eBay.
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD CCSB
2016 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2007 Starcraft Homestead 282DBS (Retired)

Zeppe807
Explorer
Explorer
I like it! Where did you procure the tint? Have you done this before?
In Pursuit Of Happiness and lost in wonder - Wife, Daughter, 2 Sons, dog
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel Auto Quad Cab Short Bed, some mods
1999 Kit Sun Chaser 29ft Bunkhouse, LT tires & some (unique?) mods
Used, Beaten Hensley Arrow member 0001556 = old

T3rry1
Explorer
Explorer
Windows tinted, 20% neutral residential tint, will post another pic later if it looks any different dry, did this 2 weeks ago and have not been back to see it yet.

camp4ever
Explorer
Explorer
jjr1314 wrote:
camp4ever wrote:
tenbear wrote:
Nice job!

Did you put some latches on the doors to keep them closed on tight turns?

Thanks!!
Yes, used the same ones as the other doors.

Fantastic. My wife has been after me to do this to our Passport 2910. Where did you get the doors?

Bought the doors from the Dealer/Keystone.. I ordered the same door as the one below the oven.. Exact size I needed.
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2004 Ford Explorer w/ Towing Package
2014 Passport 2300 BH

chr_
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like those tubs are made for RV dinettes.
-CHR$
1996 Safari Sahara Edition 35' Diesel Pusher. Just getting the Solar stuff started.

jjr1314
Explorer
Explorer
camp4ever wrote:
tenbear wrote:
Nice job!

Thanks!!

Fantastic. My wife has been after me to do this to our Passport 2910. Where did you get the doors?

camp4ever
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
Nice job!

Thanks!!
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2004 Ford Explorer w/ Towing Package
2014 Passport 2300 BH

Gaffer222
Explorer
Explorer
Looks familiar,nice job

Here is mine

2007 Ford Expedition Limited w/Tow package & 3.73 Rear end
Equal-i-zer & Prodigy
2015 Keystone Outback Terrain 250TRS
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005