cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
The screens over the vents are to keep wasp and such from getting in and building nest.

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
sweetpnuts wrote:
Okay, why would I want a screen over my fridge and whatever vents?? I feel like I am totally missing something obvious!! *lol*

BTW, my Husband is cursing this tread!! ;o)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

The Alabama answer is to keep out Red Wasp.
(Nasty mean)

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
Sir Buffalo wrote:
Well not sure how this person uses it... but......my friend set it up the same way because he had witnessed what I go through when I leave the campsite...(by the way I do not do this all the time but sometimes I get the urge to do a good job).
Besides the chemicals, etc. I actually take the hose and flush the tank. I know of others that do the same all the time but I just do it once in a while. But the fanatic he is he installed something like this person did to make in easier. I love it. If I had the same set up I would do the same. But not reading your message correctly... I guess now I know what you mean..... if your not a good shot you could be touching....ahhh do not even want to think about it.

I guess you could install it a bit higher. Right now I use the shower head that extends.

an

In my last trailers I made one that I used when I dumped the black tank.
When I was empty, I closed the valve then used the hose to wash down the tank.
When It was nearly full, I Opened the valve and emptied the tank/again.
When mine was empty I closed the valve, went inside and dumped Calgon in the tank with some dish soap, then I added about a gallon of water to the black tank to slosh around on the way home, and on my way to my next campsite. The Calgon kept the sensors clean and they were accurate.

BTW: I did the same to the Greyt water tank. It never stank.

Glamping
Explorer
Explorer
That's nice, jfkmk! My advice is to be sure not to forget what you put in it. I looked high and low for some sheets that I had put in my ottoman! LOL Mine's just a small round one. Very handy though.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
RoyBell wrote:
not really a mod but been itching for an ottoman. Went to a couple furniture stores and they had big ones and the cheapest was $350.

Went to target tonight and there it was. On sale for $59. It even has the same stitching pattern!
2016-07-09_09-45-10 by RoyBelluomini, on Flickr

I knew I wouldn't get the same color so I had get something contrasting. This fit the bill perfect. Small enough for the camper but large enough for both or even 3 people on the sofa to use. Lightweight and has storage inside. I will likely make it my new home for the plates and dishes which currently reside under the sofa and is a pita to get. It's dark brown and yes my slide is not out in the picture.

We bought the same ottoman. When not in use, it fits nicely at the end of the bed. I put two eye hooks in the bed frame and use a strap to hold the ottoman in place when traveling. Great place to store boots, blankets, etc.!

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
Did the same thing...sorta. Aded the same gauge but put it right beside the panel inside and hooked it to the live wire in the panel. Did a pushswitchh alao.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
Another mod done today. Added a voltmeter to the side of my battery box so I can easily check my voltage on my dual 6v batteries when we're boondocking. In the past I'd have to remove the covers and use my hand held meter. This will be so much easier.

I added a small toggle switch so the meter would not be "on" except when needed.

Chris
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Nice!

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
Best Mod ever!

Before -

After -

Chris
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
Boom!

Chris
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
Will be making my first mod to my new TT tomorrow. Replacing the 12v stock battery with two 6 volt golf cart batteries.
Chris
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD

TobyG
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't seem to like adding the first attempt without the heavy duty clamps. So, lets try it again.

[img] Click For Full-Size Image.[/img]

TobyG
Explorer
Explorer
After looking into all my options for solar and trying to decide if I wanted my panel mounted to my roof for security and simplicity or if I wanted a portable solution. I liked the security of mounting it to the roof but, then what happens when I park the trailer in the shade? On the flip side what if I went portable and someone decided they need my panel more than me?
Which brought me to this idea... If I mounted my panel to a pole, had enough cable to move my panel to the front or rear of the trailer and had mounting points at either end I would be able to minimize the chances of someone walking of with my panel and would have the flexibility to move the panel for the best possible sun. I haven't actually made the mounts for the rear yet but, I will most likely do something similar to the front and use the rear slide frame as a mounting point. The picture with the panel and trailer set up was before I came up with the solution for anchoring the pole with the clamps in the other pictures.
Built aluminum frame using an old satellite dish mounting bracket.

Panel with frame mounted on pole.

heavy duty pole mounting brackets.

This is my preliminary test with the solar panel mounted on the pole before I installed the brackets.

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Really like the trick where you use a fuse on the plug to light up the running lights.

Any reason why I can't put a dimmer in line with the fuse?
Never make the mistake of thinking you know everything about something. ๐Ÿ˜›

grandpopsicle
Explorer
Explorer
Love this thread sooo many great mods. Just went through 11 years....where did time go. LOL

Have done many mods. My favorite and most useful is the fridge mods. Now it stays chilly even in the high 90's.

Two temperature controlled 92mm ultra quiet fans outside in the vents. 1 pulling air in and the other pulling air out the top.

And another fan inside the fridge circulating the air. 80mm noctua fan that oh...I also soldered a led onto it. ๐Ÿ˜„

All 3 are control by lighted rocker switch on the front of the fridge.

Bottom Fan

Top Fan

Inside fan with LED

And lastly the Switch. The LED is bright so there is a small piece of electrical tape over most of it....just enough to see when on.

Never make the mistake of thinking you know everything about something. ๐Ÿ˜›