cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice spice rack!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice spice rack!
Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
PennyPA wrote:
Oh, that's neat! Thanks, fisherguy.

Good job on the spice rack Penny... I was never a fan of the whirly bird racks on the counter.
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, that's neat! Thanks, fisherguy.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
PennyPA wrote:
Well, that worked almost perfectly! I guess I should have put my spice racks as a "Reply" in this threat; instead they got into their own little thread. Oh well. I'm learning.

Good idea:
spice racks
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Well, that worked almost perfectly! I guess I should have put my spice racks as a "Reply" in this threat; instead they got into their own little thread. Oh well. I'm learning.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
Use the IMG code, then just paste that into your post, DON'T use the 'attach image' button.
Also, make sure you add the max image size just before the square bracket at the end, I usually add 'width=480' to mine, if you don't the moderators will and remind you.
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, Timothy. I already have stuff in photobucket; I just didn't know which of the HTML options to use. I shall try it.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

SabreCanuck
Explorer
Explorer
CManley wrote:
A few years ago I had a water leak on the front of the trailer between the aluminum siding and filon. The flex of the trailer separated the two.

I repaired the structure, paneling and replaced the insulation from the inside leaving the outside for later. I finally got around to it with the help of Hemet RV in ordering the aluminum siding and diamond plate. The outcome looks like a new trailer, should had fixed it all at once.

The repair was very easy, the only things I needed was time and to borrow a pneumatic stapler

That looks fantastic... I also think it looks better than stock.

Great job.
2011 GMC 2500 D-Max Denali
2015 Palomino Columbus 325RL
Our kids have 4 legs. ๐Ÿ™‚

myowneq
Explorer
Explorer
PennyPA wrote:
Just how DO we post pictures to this forum?

Go to www.photobucket.com. This is where you will store your pictures.

Create an account.

Use the online directions to upload your pictures.

Once your pictures are uploaded, if you hover over a picture you want to share, it will pop up a box with four HTML code options. I usually pick the IMG option. Click there and it will say copied.

Come back to the forum. Create a message in whatever fashion (reply, new thead etc...), right click in the message box, and click paste.

Type what you want, then click post message. If you did it right, then you'll see your picture in the thread.

Timothy
2010 F150 XLT 4x4 SCab 5.4L
2007 Grand Surveyor

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Just how DO we post pictures to this forum?
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

boatwhyteh2o
Explorer
Explorer
I have often seen questions about what we are using to attach items to the thin walls of our trailers and RV's. I almost never use a screw unless it's going into solid wood. I use a variety of fasteners. I have used peel pop rivets, Tri-bulb pop rivets, plastic "Christmas tree" rivets and the center push plastic rivets. I have used the Christmas tree rivets to plug holes left for any number of reasons..my mistakes. This would be an example how I use the fasteners, my entry level TT has valences with fabric covered vertical sides. They are attached by little "L" brackets and tiny 1/4" screws to the vertical piece and the wall. If the valance is bumped the little screws come out stripped. So I attach the vertical to the "L" bracket with a peel rivet, and the "L" bracket to the wall with a removable plastic rivet. If I ever remove the verticle the hole will be plugged with a "Christmas tree" plastic rivet.

Sorry for my ramble, and I can't get pictures now or I would post them,
brooks

lzasitko
Explorer
Explorer
Have to agree that replacing the filon with siding and the checker plate looks a lot better. Nice job!

Lady_Fitzgerald
Explorer
Explorer
CManley wrote:
A few years ago I had a water leak on the front of the trailer between the aluminum siding and filon. The flex of the trailer separated the two.

I repaired the structure, paneling and replaced the insulation from the inside leaving the outside for later. I finally got around to it with the help of Hemet RV in ordering the aluminum siding and diamond plate. The outcome looks like a new trailer, should had fixed it all at once.

The repair was very easy, the only things I needed was time and to borrow a pneumatic stapler...

Heck, that looks better than the original! Good work!
Jeannie

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice job. Congratulations
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi